PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

salvage a salmon

i just bought a tray of salmon fillet for £1 from asda on impulse. was hoping it could be a money saving experiment. its not the rectangle thick lumps more like thin tails. very like small bits of plaice. a real fish expert as you can see. i have lots of double cream as well. was thinking of cooking something to freeze as i already have mondays dinner planned. or if cooked would it keep for tuesdays dinner???

Comments

• Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    I assume it was cheap because today is its use-by date? I would make a fish pie. Cook it in water until tender and falling apart, then drain it and stir in some of the cream (I'd do half milk and half cream or it might be too rich) and maybe some frozen peas and a bit of dried or fresh chopped parsley, and top with mashed potato. You could stick some grated cheese either in with the fish, mixed into the potato, or as a topping.

That should be okay in the fridge until tomorrow, or if you want to keep it longer then freeze it, and re-heat thoroughly before serving.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport