Accused of Falsifiying Time Sheets, please help.

Catnaz
Catnaz Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 27 January 2010 at 8:16PM in Employment, jobseeking & training
Hello, I'm new here, I've joined because I need some urgent advice.

I work as a Mobile Cleaner, I work several different contracts with the same employer, driving the works van in between the different jobs. I fill out my own Time Sheets, including the Times Sheets of the other people on my team.

Today I have been accused of Falsifiying the Time Sheets. The time it takes to complete a job varies, for example I'm allocated 2 hours for certain contracts but only take 1.5 hours to complete the job, yet other contracts are allocated 2 hours and it take 2.5, on the Time Sheets I usually put the allocated time because it's simpler. Only when it's a large obvious chunk of time do I ammend it on the Time Sheets.

The works van has a tracker system on it, I knew about this but didn't think much off it. I do not have access to the tracker machine and do not view the statements in order to calculate to time properly, that's never been an option given to me.

I have now been accused of falsifying the hours on my Time Sheets and have been called for a disciplinary meeting on Friday the 29th. I haven't falsified anything, in order to falsify the Time Sheets surely I would first need to see the Tracker statements in order to ignore/ change them? I admit that I have been playing swings and roundabouts with the Time Sheets but I have also been given the impression by my Manager that this is ok.

I will type the letter below to give you guys a better idea of how it's being worded:

"Dear

This letter is to confrim that you are required to attend a disciplinary meeting on the 29th January 2010 at 10.00 at (ADDRESS). The disciplinary meeting will be conducted by (managers name) and (managers name#2) will also be in attendance who will act as a witness and minute taker. Please note that you are required to make every effort to attend this meeting.

As you will be aware from our discussion on the 26th January 2010, it is alleged that you falsified timesheets.

Falsifiying timesheets is viewed by the company to be serious misconduct and may result in a disciplinary warning being issued to you.

As this is a formal disciplinary meeting, you mat be accompanied by a work collegue or a Trade Union Official.

To assist you to prepare for the meeting I enclose a copy of supporting evidence. If there is anything you wish to !!! or amend to the notes from the meeting please provide us with your comments in writing by 28th of January 2010. I also enclose a further copy of the Company's Disciplinary Procedure for your information, which further explains your rights and obligations at the meeting.

Finally, if you fail to attend this meeting, with providing a good reason in adavandce of the meeting, then a decision could be made in your absence based of the available evidence.

Your Sincerely

(name)"

The "copy of supporting evidence" that came with the letter is a 2 weeks worth of tracker statements, unfortunatley for me the two weeks including don't including any of the days that I worked late and didn't claim for, only when I finished early.

The total hours they are disputing ammount to 4.5 hours in a 2 week period.

I spend several hours a week travelling from job to job with this company, none of which I am paid for, I was wondering if I could actually bring this up at the meeting? Do they have an obligation to pay me for the travelling?

It's not very nice being accused of something like this, I've never been told that the tracker has just strict guidelines, If I was informed that I had to record each minute, or even better if I'd been given access to view the tracker statements then none of this would have happend.

Any advice would be fantastic, at the moment I'm lost for what to do about this meeting on Friday,

Thanks,
Catnaz.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family