PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help!!! - Whites Dyed Grey

Is There A Way To Get Whites Back To White After Being Dyed Grey In The Washing Machine.

Do Products In Shops Really Work.

Is There Any Hope??
bargain babe

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    This brings me back to the time i washed all my whites with a black trainer sock. :mad: I could have cried as i ended up buying new school shirts for all of my children. I tried most things to whiten them but it didnt work.

However, i am a great user of Napisan. I use it to keep my whites nice and bright. I only use a tablespoon or so in the wash, but if i were you i would try soaking the whites in half a box overnight. You can always try a little bleach in the washing cycle if you dont fancy the Napisan idea - but i do warn you, it froths up!!
  • pickle
    pickle Posts: 611 Forumite
    You need to put them in a bleach and water mixture - usually i keep adding bleach until its reasonably strong and see the clothes going back to white (but don't leave in too long or they'll go yellow).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure