GPS Sat Nav Europe under £50 (inc p&p?)

Options
£49.98.

I was pleased to find this. It does say free p&p in an icon beside the item but elsewhere says p&p free for orders over 49.99 so I may have to buy some thing else.

I would like to know whose mapping system it uses and please could anyone who has experience of it give good points and bad points. Is it slow for example when searching the whole of Europe rather than just the UK?

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?sort=pricelow&q=GPS%2Beurope&limit=10&page=1

Comments

• Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It works much better when you install TomTom on it.

I paid £30 (or was it £35?) for mine from Smiths last year - good unit.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • Slaphead
    Slaphead Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WHS online have one at the same price:
    Did you buy yours on the high street?

but its is Navigo rather than Myguide as per OP and it doesnt have Europe.

I was prevented from posting the link to Smiths
  • Wortle
    Wortle Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Smiths link is

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails-Navigo+Sat+Nav-33533551.html

I think p&p is free so may be better if you just want UK

I dont think you can post links as a new member and welcome to the MSE forum
  • Hypno5
    Hypno5 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Does anyone know how to update the maps in this Sat Nav? I would really appreciate knowing how to do this, otherwise this one's for the bin!

I bought one a couple of months ago after seeing the review on this site and frankly, it's the worst SatNav I have ever used! A couple of weeks ago, it literally sent me round and round in a 5m block - none of those roads were new! It also didn't recognise a T junction coming up, it had it on the map as a completely different priority (straight on, even though they were obviously different roads and by the look of it, always have been), nearly causing an accident. Aside from these points, the map must be easily ten years old.
  • Norman_Davies
    Options
    Hi, I am about to purchase one of these units myself, and after reading reviews I have found a website that appears absolutely brill at helping to improve the satnavs. Its called "pctailor" It looks a really helpful site, give it a try
  • terricfan
    terricfan Posts: 446 Forumite
    Options
    Worth pointing out that you need to register at PcTailor in order to see the downloads section; that's where all the goodies are. :j
  • Wortle
    Wortle Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    Well I posted this on the 11th....Its pictured as Martins Top Deal on this weeks Best deal letter (on the top right of the screen dated 13th May) 1100 Views but not one thank you...so didnt anyone but Martin and I think it was a good deal, allbeit that there have been comments about out of date maps?
  • tobykim
    tobykim Posts: 437 Forumite
    Options
    Well I'll thank you although I didn't see it on here but on the ebuyer site itself when I was looking for one, was swayed by the fact that you can put tomtom on it, the other one we have is a navman f20 great machine but the map updates are a horrendous price
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure