dinner for this week any ideas

hi im going shopping latter and am wondering what dinners to buy any ideas
i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing

Comments

• melt71
    melt71 Posts: 586 Forumite
    without knowing what you have in your storecupboard/freezer it is hard to say!

I've just done the following meal plan but I've used these meals because I have most of these ingredients already. The bits that I don't will be bought today.

Thurs Chicken & brocolli bake with rice
    Fri savory pancakes
    Sat sausages (soaked in apple juice) with mash
    Sun Honeyed chicken & pasta/Jkt Potato
    Mon JKT potatos with various toppings
    Tues Risotto with sausages
    Wed Tuna Cakes/Tuna Mash
    Thurs Spag carbonara
    Fri AWAY
    Sat AWAY
    Sun AWAY
    Mon Chinese chicken & noodles
    Tues Sausage casserole/rice
    Wed white fish with mash
    Thurs prawns with rice mix
    Fri Shepherds pie/Chicken kievs
    Sat Roast turkey dinner
    Sun HM burgers and wedges
    Mon Chicken casserole with rice
    Tues Sausage & mash
    Wed Spaghetti with ham & cheese
    Thurs Cous Cous with veg and ham/sausage/prawns
    Fri Chicken Kiev/ Shepherds pie (whatever we didn't have last friday)

That takes me right up to the 26th which is the start of half term. I think I will do a seperate meal plan for that once I know what our plans are.

Hope that helps
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email [email protected]
  • melt71
    melt71 Posts: 586 Forumite
    Forgot to say; for desserts we have Flapjacks, Peach/Fruit Cobbler, Pancakes, Smoothies/Milkshakes, Ice Cream, Malt Loaf, Jelly, Mouse.

I make as much as I can from scratch - although I haven't started making my own ice cream yet, that is shop bought!
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email [email protected]
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is there anything you already have which you can turn into a meal, but you only need to buy one extra item?
  • nuttyrockeress
    nuttyrockeress Posts: 1,256
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You could add

Chilli con carne
    Tuna and Pasta bake/Chicken and Pasta bake
    HM stew
    chicken curry
    Meatballs - with anything - rice/pasta/spuds
    Breakfast special - bacon, mushrooms, onion, scrambled egg, sausage, tinned tomatoes - cook seperate and then chop and mix together. Ovenproof dish and top with cheese - mmmmmmm!
    Fish pie

Hope some of these help!

I always have 5+ tins of tomatoes in my cupboard as most things I cook contain them!
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • gemmaj
    gemmaj Posts: 434
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I often have a similar problem - I try to menu plan for a week before I go shopping, but end up sitting on the sofa thinking "what do I fancy to eat for this week?"

I break it down to the main constituents and go from there:

PASTA: Lasagna. Pasta with Tomato and veg / tomato and Sausage. Spaghetti Bolognese / Oven baked spaghetti. Pasta and White sauce with cheese / veg / carbonara / sausage. Pasta Bake.

RICE: Risotto. (I don't eat much rice!)

BEANS: Beanjar. (OK, so I mostly eat pasta!)

EGG: Omlette. Fry up.

POTATO: Meat, Potatoes and Veg. Jackets. Potato Bake. Shepherds Pie. Chips/wedges and xx.

MEXICAN: Tacos. Burritos. Fajitas.

Any way, you get the idea. It helps me think (and theres not much can say that!). Don't know if its any use? :confused:
  • henhog
    henhog Posts: 2,786 Forumite
    You could also try to one or two cheapo meals like egg and chips, baked potatoes and beans etc.
    Also , use leftovers to make another meal / sandwiches or if you only have a small amount of left overs have 'leftover night' once every few days!
    Also, if I know I'm going to be at planning for seven days of the week I only buy food for say five nights just incase plans change etc - if I still need to cook on the remaining two nights then I would do something simple out of the freezer.
    HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport