Supper ideas please

The clock has struck midnight and its time I retired but I feel a little peckish. I know I will have difficulty nodding off if I dont eat but if I eat too heavy a supper I will be wakeful for most of the night.

Can any body please suggest something that will be sufficient to satisfy my hunger but light enough that it will not interrupt my sleep?

Comments

• £Ronnie
    £Ronnie Posts: 218 Forumite
    OH cheese toastie, yum, but then again maybe ham if you are prone to nightmares after cheese....
    Trying to tidy and clean while the kids are still growing, is like trying to clear snow even though it's still snowing
    £2 coin savings= £6
  • £Ronnie
    Or a bowel of cereal?
    Do you want something hot or cold?
    Trying to tidy and clean while the kids are still growing, is like trying to clear snow even though it's still snowing
    £2 coin savings= £6
  • hermit-crab
    hermit-crab Posts: 150 Forumite
    I am ravenous. I want anything that will dissapate the hunger pangs. But a bowel at this time of night. Where would I find one? :D I have read that cheese is not best before bed but I do fancy a toasty. What to put in with the ham though? I think it could be a little bit dry on its own.
  • £Ronnie
    I love jam in with ham, sounds strange I know but you cant knock it till you have tried it;)
    Blackcurrant is best but strawberry is good too.

Or if that isnt your thing, once cooked dip in some salad cream, yum yum.
    Making me hungry now, but I should be in bed, gotta get up soon:rolleyes:
    £2 coin savings= £6
  • £Ronnie
    But a bowel at this time of night. Where would I find one? :D .

Could try eating it out of the packet like in the advert, :p

In my drunken studentdays (sigh) I was regularly found eating cereal out of mugs, saucepans, jugs or any vessel, who said it had to be a bowl??:confused:
    £2 coin savings= £6
  • hermit-crab
    Jam with ham sounds extremely strange I think I'll pass on trying that partcular delicacy. You have tempted with the cheese. I have a piece of wholemeal bread doused with cheese grilling under the grill. Who cares if it keeps me awake its not as though any body will notice ifI sleep in in the morning.
  • hermit-crab
    Night all. I have had my supper of toasted cheese and I will more than likely suffer for it all night. Please dont let this stop you posting. I am sure I will be hungry again tomorrow evening.
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Hi

If peckish late at night, I often have a toasted cheese and ham sandwich:D

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I always go for a couple of crackers with peanut butter- my fave.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • ladygrey_2
    ladygrey_2 Posts: 374 Forumite
    did the cheese affect your sleep at all

I thought it was an oldwives tale
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing