A typical weeks meals at the house of Pooky

My menu planner is made up of meals I could make from the ingredients already in my cupboard/freezer.....any leftovers that can make another meal are a bonus. This is last weeks menu - Having 3 free meals from Sundays left overs was a bonus

Sunday:

SC'd Chicken in white wine with garlic, mini sweetcorn cobs, carrots and leeks that needed using up. Served with roast pots, roast sweet pots, roast parsnips, carrots and gravy(made from some of the juices from SC and water from carrots).

Monday:

Chicken/peppers/leeks and spinach quiche (half of left over chicken from Sunday) Served with jacket potatos and frozen sweetcorn. (I made 2 quiches from this - one in the freezer for next week)

Tuesday:

Chicken and veg soup, using last of chicken from Sunday and juices from the SC. Added pasta made it very filling. Served with HM rolls.

Wednesday:

Sausage Cassarole in SC, 8 sausages, part cooked, chopped into 1/4s , added a fried onion, fried red and green pepper, a tin of toms, a tin of beans and some paprika to season. Served with potato wedges and veg.

Thursday:

Spag bol and HM tear n share garlic bread. I use a small pk of mince, onion, peppers, grated carrots, celery, passata, herbs and breadcrumbs. I find this makes enough sauce for 2 adults and 2 kids + a spare portion for the freezer (adult sized). Served with wholemeal spag. For the garlic bread I used a basic pizza dough reciepe, added herbs and garlic granuals and put it in the BM, once the dough is done I divide in 2 and literally just throw it on a greased baking tray. Top with a good slug of olive oil and loads of grated cheese, bake for around 15-20 mins and you get a lovely bread. The second loaf gets used in lunch boxes the next day.

Friday:

Sausage and Mash with beans and carrots for 7 kids (DH and I had take away later...which we then complained about and got a full refund for - Bonus!)

We don't eat puddings very often - there's always fresh fruit.

As for lunch boxes for DH and DD's - they normally consist of:

Wraps (tesco value ones) filled with cucumber, toms, ham, peppers, cheese - what ever we've got really.
or
Crackers with cheese or marmite
or
Sandwich - HM bread and different fillings.
or
Food flask with beans, left over stew, soup, with a HM roll.

2 bits of fruit
Then either a chunk of cheese, monkey nuts, plain popcorn....depending on what they want.

Thought this might be of inspiration to someone - Squeeky - please merge with BS's if you think appropriate.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Great, another meal planner. Thanks :j :beer: :j :beer: :j
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Thanks Pooky-I love reading other peoples meal plans...such inspiration!!

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • I've been so inspired by people's meal planners that although I don't go in for planning I have done one for this week.I've based it around stuff I've already got in the freezer/fridge.

Here goes,everything is cooked from scratch except the faggots which are a treat!

Today - chicken tikka marsala,rice,salad
    Black Saturn's fruit cobbler made with apples and cream

Monday - Bean hotpot,baked potatoes,sweetcorn
    leftover cobbler

Tuesday - Pitta pizzas(tomato sauce,sweetcorn,cheese) for kids(they eat early on Tues because of Judo)
    Faggots,peas,baked potatoes for me + OH
    Peach and yogurt jelly for us all

Wednesday - Potato,bacon and onion hotpot,carrots,broccoli
    Peach-yogurt jelly

Thursday - Smoked mackerel,baked potatoes,cole slaw,sweetcorn
    Black saturn's choc mousse + fruit slices to dip in

Friday - Macaroni chicken,salad
    Leftover(hopefully) choc mousse

Saturday - Salmon fillets,noodles,stir-fried veg
    Fruit salad and ice cream

Sunday - Chicken thighs in white wine,veg,mash
    Apple crumble
  • sorry Pooky,I hope you don't mind me joining in,I didn't mean to hijack your plan! :)
  • Thanks everyone this is fun :D

Although you all tend to cook much the same kind of food as I do there is always something new and different to try. It is much more interesting trying other people's plans. I am currently still on penny-pinchers plan from last week. Guess at some point I will need to post up one of my own but for now I am enjoying other folks good work.

Just thought it would be really good to put these into a collection as people often seem to be asking how to plan. Would be a real shame to lose them amongst all the other threads.

:T :T to all the plan publishers. :A
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,554
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm loving all these ideas - giving me plenty of new ideas.
  • Me too - these ideas are an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure