This site saved me £50 Blog Discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Read Martin's 'This site saved me £50!' Blog.

Click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• What waste did you want from a pair of jeans? :rolleyes:
    :heart2: Give blood. :female: Use a mooncup.
    But ensure the two are not connected!
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Martin, following your own mantra, did you check to see if you could get it cheaper elsewhere?
    However much Gap "works" for you I bet, even allowing for the voucher, you could have got the equivalent for much cheaper!
  • i wonder if the check out person knew who you were?!!
    I'm just a seething mass of contradictions....
    (it's part of my charm!)
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quick replies...

My waste has now been tightened into my waist ;)

As for checking to get it cheaper elsewhere, the exact size and fit is important and these are work clothes for me so yes... I did :)

And no I don't think the check out person knew who i was (though in the shop before I was buying things and just as I got to the till a chap shouted "its the money man" - always a bit difficult to deal with).

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • julliff
    julliff Posts: 625 Forumite
    Please can you explain the reason why TV work causes your clothes to have a short lifespan? What do you do that makes then wear out so quickly?
    "Carpe Diem"
    MFW - Starting mortgage April 2010 - 120,000
    MFW - restart Nov 2013 - £70207.88 & £14086.49
    Current balance - £62459.49 & £10380.19

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    julliff wrote: »
    Please can you explain the reason why TV work causes your clothes to have a short lifespan? What do you do that makes then wear out so quickly?

Hi

It's not wearing them out so quickly, its the fequency of wear before they've been worn too much and people (including producer and comments right here on this forum) complain. With the case of jeans thats not an issue (it is with shirts) though the double pairs is needed for lots of days when you have to wear the same thing.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • GreenMan
    GreenMan Posts: 65 Forumite
    I half agree with you Martin on this one. I too like the fact that with Gap you can choose a pretty good range of waist and leg sizes though I don't recall ever seeing a 35" waist which is what I am. On the down side and you won't have this problem, despite their good selection of fashionable styles their lifespan for all the trousers I have bought from them has been at the most six months. They're just poorly put together.

Much better off going to TK Max and finding a better made item cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure