E: 29/8/08 Win a Willowbrook Recliner

Ring 0800 854 330

100 runner up prizes of £150 for your old chair and 35% discount :rolleyes:

I've just done a test run and rang to enter - she appeared to be rather pleasant but all the same I only gave her my mobile just in case of nuisance calls ;)

Advertised in The TV Times if she asks

Comments

• KittyPryde
    KittyPryde Posts: 2,623 Forumite
    Just wanted to say that the last time i entered a willowbrook comp I had catalogues posted to me and a few phone calls asking me to buy chairs. I said if i could afford to buy the chairs I wouldn't have entered the comps :rolleyes:
  • Far_Side
    Far_Side Posts: 628
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ditto They phone you and get shirty with you.

Far Side
  • Mips
    Mips Posts: 19,796 Forumite
    Far_Side wrote: »
    Ditto They phone you and get shirty with you.

Far Side

Ultralaze and some Sands park are bugging me daily now - both phone and post :mad:
    :cool:
  • niamhtra66
    niamhtra66 Posts: 559
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's been over a year since my phone calls started with them and even though i have asked them not to call again and to remove my details from there database they are still calling, sometimes 4-5 times a day:eek: . Deffo 1 to avoid.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    KittyPryde wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that the last time i entered a willowbrook comp I had catalogues posted to me and a few phone calls asking me to buy chairs. I said if i could afford to buy the chairs I wouldn't have entered the comps :rolleyes:

I noticed that when I looked to see if the comp had been posted before Kitty (they do regular comps), that's why I mentioned the nuisance calls - thanks ;) I wouldn't have bothered but I'm desperate to win that chair for me old Mom. I'm getting many of those dental calls at the moment :rolleyes: I'm ever so good on the phone especially when it comes to telling them to thingy off :D
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got a phone call to say I was a runner-up in a Willowbrook competition and that I could get 35% of the chair price PLUS £150 for any old chair in part exchange.

I asked for a price catalogue to be sent to me but they said they do not have price catalogues! So, I asked what is the price of a recliner chair - but she could not tell me as she did not deal with prices! So, I said 35% off an unknown amount is meaningless.

She said she could send someone round to show me chairs and that prices would be discussed then. I pointed out that this was a waste of my time and theirs! She then asked if it was ok for my competition discount win to be passed to someone else!!!! I told her that was a silly question!

I really hate these companies that want to use high pressure sales techniques in someone's home and cannot even come clean about their prices. They just prey on vulnerable people.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Forumite
    In the end I decided to call out Willowbrook. Their 'adviser' came and I must say it was pretty much a sales pitch from beginning to end. After one hour, I eventually asked him to give me a price for the chair, The price was:

£3903!!!!

Had I not 'won' a 35% discount the price would have been:

£6003!!!!!!!

That is more than some new cars!

The 'adviser' thern asked if I wanted to go ahead and purchase the chair. I said I never make an immediate decision on purchases when salesmaen visit my home. He repsonded by saying no-one had ever said that before and that customers' normal reponse was that they were too expensive. He also asked if I would make an immediate decision if the price was £1,000. Perhaps £1,000 would be a fairer price?

Realising that he was not going to get a sale that day, he then suggested that he would invoice me for his petrol costs for coming out to 'demonstrate' the chair. Bearing in mind that the 'demo' was supposedly free and without obligation that was a bit cheeky!

Yes, I do want a chair but, luckily, I am not swayed buy the sales tatics of these visit-at-home salesmen. Of course, Willowbrook claim they are not salesman, but merely 'advisors' who leave no-obligation personalised quotes for their supposed 'custom-built' chairs.

Strange that the only quote I got was verbal and that this advisor wanted me to make an immediate decision on purchase. I was not measured for these custom built chairs and I only got to sit in one chair, as he only has one for demo! So, in effect, he wanted me to spend almost £4000 on a chair I had never even sat in! Given that the chairs are sold to alleviate ailments, I would suggest that anyone would want to sit in the chair they may want to buy!

During the 'sales pitch' the salesman showed me a letter from a Harley Street doctor endorsing beds sold my Willowbrook. After investigation, I found that this supposedly genuine letter had three spelling mistakes in the surgeon's surname!!

In his haste to get out of my house, the salesman started to take away the chair whilst it was still plugged into the extension lead. He then disconnected the chair from the extension lead and removed the chair. When he returned to take the extension lead, he then forgot to unplug the extension lead! What a plonker!!!
  • Paul_Varjak
    Forumite
    I made a compalint to the Advertising Standards Authority about Willowbrook Ltd. I now have a copy of that ADA adudication. Look out for it on the ASA website on 19th August.

The ASA upheld both of my complaints about Willowbrook
  • lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I made a compalint to the Advertising Standards Authority about Willowbrook Ltd. I now have a copy of that ADA adudication. Look out for it on the ASA website on 19th August.

The ASA upheld both of my complaints about Willowbrook

Well Done :T:T:T:T:T
  • :hello::hello: And thanks very much for the tips about Willowbrook, now I know what to look out for having just entered their competition by mail earlier today.

I :think: you'd have been far better off going to HSL Chairs, from whom we placed an order for one of their Oakdale manual Recliners for my back injury, following a visit to their nearest showroom to us in Wallasey, Wirral that's up in Stockport where I sampled their chairs deciding on their Oakdale Recliner, which was delivered, installed on the 6th of May and their chair is excellent :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure