🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tesco Mis prices

Options
I know there is a National thread for this but how about a local thread where we can post mis prices in local Tescos?

Comments

• BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't know about mis prices but I emailed their Chief Executive Terry Leahy at the start of last week about the dirt of their store at Bloomfields in Bangor. The shelves are filthy, rub a wet finger on many of them and it turns to a black mess. Also the freezers are disgusting. Take a good look on a Saturday afternoon when stock runs down, the amount of stuff from burst bags and dust and dirt in the bottom and along the ventilation strips has to be seen to believed. Compare it with M &S where everything is spotless. I took some pics as evidence with a cameraphone and send them as well. Other than a "holding" response from someone on his behalf, I have heard nothing.

Also on a visit that weekend, the check out operator never acknowledged us, carried out a conversation with a supervisor all the time she was scanning our shopping, shouted out an amount with neither a please or thankyou. They wont be getting any more of our business with attitudes like this.
    Can't wait for Asda next week.
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    BigAl
    I find the staff in the Tescos (Bloomfield) filling station can be the worst for ignoring you. They continually carry on their conversation without so much as a hello, please or thank you. They pay no attention to anything you are doing .. on a few occasions I have signed the credit card slip with 'Mickey Mouse', 'Donald Duck' and once I even signed it as 'Ignorant F****' - they never even noticed. Guess I will be paying more attention to the state of the shelves on Friday night when I am dooing my shopping.

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    No reply from Terry Leahy or any of his minions. Sent another email 5 days ago asking what their complaint handling policy was - still no reply. Strangely enough, my wife has been in twice recently and said there were people washing shelves which she has never seen before!
  • Rose999
    Rose999 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    I totally agree with you Ivan re the Tesco Bloomfield filling station. So many times I have just stood there just waiting for an acknowledgement before handing over my hard earned cash.
    If it were not for the refunds on the overcharges in the main store and being able to use coupons, I would not set foot in the place :rolleyes:
    :p
  • jamminjamaica
    Options
    i have been watched the tesco threads on the other sites and i feel we are charged different prices for the same things that they get over in mainland cheaper. for instance that dance cd they say that sel was 8.97 charged 9.97 but the same cd here on the selve is priced at 10.97.

i have found that on several different items.
  • dmurray0
    Options
    I remember when the Smirnoff Vodka mis-price was going last year. 3 of us ordered it online at £5 for a litre of Blue label Smirnoff. Being chronic alcoholics/Bargain hunters, we ordered 30 bottles!! They sent me 2 first of all saying that was all that was left in store. My sister was in the house waiting on the delivery and she phoned me to say the driver only had 2 bottles. I work next to Tesco so popped into it and shock horror, they had loads left. I got the .com manager and told her I was taking the rest of my order with me. After a lot of arguing I got it!! Later that day my mate did exactly the same thing and the manager refused to honour it. He asked if anybody else had a problem with it. She denied it, and when he told the manager I was waiting in the car, she eventually gave him his. After that, my 3rd mate went straight to the manager, mentioned our names, and collected hers. Every time I see the manager now, I can't help but smile!!!!
  • avoniel
    avoniel Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For those of you who like LB - book of Series 2 scripts is mis priced in Tesco Knocknogoney. Label says £8.97 but checks out at £9.97. Take it to customer services and they give you money back and you get to keep book!!!
  • Jon_C
    Jon_C Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks JM. I picked up the Little Britain Series Two book for free in Knocknagoney last night.

Only one of the copies on the shelf had the £8.97 sticker so I lifted that and another without the sticker.

As usual, the cu*tomer service staff tried to give me only the difference back but I pointed to the 'if things don't add up...' part of their sign and told them that would mean I should get a refund as well as to keep the product.

After lots of feigned blank looks there was a bit of sighing and then they said: "Well someone must have put that sticker on there and it's a brand new book so obviously it isn't going to be on special offer."

Me: "So one of your staff made a mistake then?"

CS: "No, someone must have put it there... maybe a child or something."

Me: "How would a child get hold of your price stickers?"

CS: "Hmmph! I'll get you a refund on the one with the sticker on it then."

Me: "Fine. And I'll have my money back on the other one if you're not going to give it to me for free."

After lots more sighing and pretending they didn't know how to do that (while I stand my ground and say nothing more), CS and a colleague eventually refund me the full £19.94 and give me one book back.

Two things I resent here are:
    - their implication that I stuck the sticker there (even though there was nothing to indicate this, eg curled up edges on the sticker)
    - the fact that CS made such an almightly fuss about implementing a policy their own company set up *voluntarily* (they aren't even legally obliged to refund and replace; they decided to do it of their own accord)!

Still, I remained calm and got my way.

Slap it up them! And thanks again, JM!
  • avoniel
    avoniel Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was down today again and there were none with stickers, although Connswater are all stickered at £8.97 but I couldnt find a self scan to check price. I have to say when I got mine there was no problem getting full refund I didnt even have to ask for it.
  • wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Options
    must try this in my own store.... ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts