Strawberry or Raspberry Blancmange Mix

Options
We like having pink custard with our choc crunch at home and I make the pink custard using the strawberry or raspberry blancmange mix but can only find it in the mix packs of 4 with choc and vanilla which nobody really likes. Is there anywhere that just sells the berry flavours!!
Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!

Comments

• booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why buy blancmange mix at all - it's just cornflour and flavouring. Add milk and sugar to a pan, make up a cornflour mix like you would with blancmange (mix to a paste with a bit of milk) and add to the milk/sugar to thicken. Then add either strawberry or raspberry (or mint, vanilla, orange, almond, lemon....??) flavouring and a drop of food colour (just to make it look right:)) This is how I make my mint custard for my chocolate "concrete" and strawberry custard for shortcake :D Flavourings are on offer at the mo at Asda for 2 for £1
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=food+flavouring&Store=ASDA
    HTH
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morrisons do an instant strawberry custard, 3 for £1 last time I was in there. I tried it - didn't rate it that much to be honest... but thought I'd mention it exists.

Years ago I used chocolate blancmange to make: a base of biscuit/melted butter (like cheesecake), then a layer of sliced bananas, then the chocolate blancmange. Put that in the fridge to set - and just before serving put Chocolate Buttons across the top.
  • shudd1967
    shudd1967 Posts: 772 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you both! I feel more calories about to be consumed!!
    Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure