British Gas - Free Magnabooster

Options
2»

Comments

• Woodville
    Woodville Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    I made enquiries about this, and the grant comes from Warmfront, a government department, very good and honest. The Magnabooster is fitted to the pipes leading to (or from) your boiler from the radiators, and removes all the limescale and dirt that accumulates in the pipes, keeping the system clean. I had to have my system flushed out last year, at a cost of £300 so it is well worth it. The fitters from BG will check out your system as well, so it is really a good idea to get it done, especially for FREE! Sorry, over 60's ONLY.
  • BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I can confirm this is for real and its unfortunately only for over 60's as mentioned
  • nadja
    nadja Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just called B.G. and said that I was enquiring about the Magna Booster. The guy was very helpful and told me to call 0800 000999 which I did. I was asked if there is anyone in the household over 60, I said yes. He asked does that person claim benefits, I said no. He asked for our address and said that he would just do a quick check. Two minutes later he gave me a date to install it, all very simple and easy.
  • xlztt
    xlztt Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if this offer applies to British Gas customers in England only or Scottish Gas up here aswell?

Thanks
  • Suffolk_Jock
    Options
    Told my parents about it. They rang up. Being installed in a couple of weeks time.
    Sorted , thank you.
  • ibcinnes
    Options
    Rang BG today, but was informed that this offer of free install has now been withdrawn.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure