No win yet :(

Options
I'm beginning to get really despondent and wondering whether is worth my time to keep going on.:(:cry:
2013 wins:
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
A = Autobiography of Louis Saha
Q = Year subscription to Q magazine

Comments

• toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • Purple_Skull
    Options
    I came to say what toniq said. Find some comps with a big number of winners and try those. Lots of my wins are from comps where 100-1000 people win. Also things on Facebook like the Cadburys, Curiously Cinnamon and Lindt giveaways are a good bet if you check often enough to catch them.

Keep trying and good luck :)

May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
  • Madrabbitgirl
    Options
    How long have you been comping for? It can take a few weeks or longer before any wins come through. Also what sort of comps are you going for? If you are only going for the big prizes there will be less chance of a win. I try to enter a variety of different comp. Also the number of comps you are entering can make a big difference. Although mostly it is just down to luck I'm afraid! Some people enter hundreds a day with no wins and other people enter the odd comp here and there and seem to get good wins!
    I got a few nice prizes last month, not really big wins but I was happy with them. Nothing so far this month but it is only the beginning! It can make you feel a bit miserable if you are entering loads without a win. If you aren't enjoying it then maybe it's not the hobby for you but if you have only just started maybe give it a bit longer before you give up! Once you get a couple of wins it's quite addictive!
    :D January 2016: :) Seed Pantry Grow Pod :)
  • independance
    Options
    Don't give up your time will come. Nobody wins all the time, most have a dry spell. Sending lucky dust your way. Also:grouphug:
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hiya, as madrabbitgirl & independance say,
    you've got to give it time & must keep trying :)
    sending lots of good luck wishes for you x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• sofaloafz
    Options
    Take a look at my sig - not all of my wins are in there (all the biggies are)! I started at the end of May :j
    Back to comping after a 3-year hiatus :j
  • Elledee
    Elledee Posts: 337 Forumite
    Options
    It can take months for a prize to come through. I enter about 50-100 per day and I've not won anything for weeks! I have just found that entering competitions is a way for me to chill out & unwind at night & anything that comes through the letter box is a bonus. Dont stress & you'll win something eventually.
    Nov - organix hamper & £50 tesco voucher
    Jan - Boon Baby bath frog & bath toys
    Feb - 2 cinema tickets
    March - 2 cinema tickets/3 packs of baby porridge/Coors t-shirt
    April - nothing!
    May - 2 tickets to home show
  • Pechow
    Pechow Posts: 729 Forumite
    Options
    It's been over a year since I started and nothing. Your luck can't be as bad as mine ;) Do the FB and Twitter comps if you don't already, a lot of people find they're luckier with those, lower odds and all.
  • neverlikedpeas
    Options
    It's just down to luck.I enter around 500 a week and didn't win anything in August, not a bar of chocolate or a CD.I got really lucky in May and won my summer holiday.Perhaps that was the only biggie i ever win, who knows what's round the corner.If you keep at it I don't think anyone could enter 500 a week and not win anything for months and months...unless your name is Pechow
  • ThunderCat
    Options
    Stay positive. :) Take a mini break from comping if needs be. Been two years since I won a 'big' prize. But I know that an ITV win is just around the corner. :D
    2018 wins: Hong Kong holiday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport