Employer Not Paying Wages

Options
2»

Comments

• mountainofdebt
    Options
    As far as I can remember, if you don't get paid as per your contract, and continue to work then you are effectively agreeing to the changes to the terms of your contract.

Have they clarified how long the delay will be until they can pay you - or is that a 'how long is a piece of string' question?'

I agree that you should be looking to get out of there asap - the moment they can't pay the staff you KNOW they are in serious trouble. I know one girl who was owed a small fortune in not paid wages but wouldn't leave because she was convinced that they find some excuse not to pay her.......but my opinion was that if she did leave then at least she could take them to an Employment Tribunal for unlawful withholding of wages without the fear of reprisals.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ceridwen wrote: »
    Just my two pennorth - some employers are liable for any overdraft charges their employees incur because their salaries are late

What law makes them liable?:confused:
  • snoopy100_2
    Options
    Thanks for info. Anyone any idea's on how to find out if they are liable for any bank charges. As for they delay in pay - its how long is a piece of string. There is never any notice, he finds out on pay day that its not going into the bank. Never any notice of when it does go into the bank either. Total lack of communication by management. If he refuses to work until he is paid they will deduct days he did not work from next pay. He does manage to get paid just never know when, which when you have committements isnt good.
  • UnoriginalGuy_2
    Options
    Start getting everything in writing.

You give them notice that you haven't been paid, in writing, you threaten to stop working, in writing, etc. Just protect yourself if they want to attempt to terminate your contract for some bs reason and for the lawsuit...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure