B&Q Washing Machine

Options
After our washing machine packed up this week & I couldn't economically repair it (plastic door hinges spit), nor find any outstanding deals in store (Comet, Currys, bennets) I was quite surprised to find a washing machine in B&Q. Its a Servis washing machine, 6kg load, 1400 spin reduced from £229 to £199 but at the checkout scanned at £159. Fingers crossed it'll do us a couple of years until I get round to getting the kitchen redone. Maybe not the greatest deal ever, but hopefully of use to others as well.
From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!

Comments

• Paphos_Gooner
    Options
    got a model number for it?
  • cannyscot_2
    cannyscot_2 Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you mean Do you have the model number please?
  • Paphos_Gooner
    Options
    No I didn't.

I did mean:

Give me the model number. Now. :j
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    M6614.

Now caught up with the week's washing, seems a little noisy than our last hotpoint but the 1400 spin dries the lighter clothes pretty well.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • Paphos_Gooner
    Options
    Thanks, I'll go and have a gander tomorrow.
  • tc_joness
    Options
    Thanks for the tip mPython. I had been to B&Q in Croydon today and picked up the machine, last piece, got it for £159.20. Tried to haggle with the duty manager as the piece was the last one, he did not agree.
  • tomthebomb
    Options
    Picked one up in Glasgow today and , it being Wednesday, received 10% discount for being an Old Age Perisher - £143.30.
    Thanks for the tip mpython.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport