crowdology/paypal payments query

Options
I'm asking on behalf of a friend, who wanted to cash in his Crowdology credits and send the resulting paypal credit to someone else, as a gift.

Things have got a bit complicated, as he doesn't (yet) have a Paypal account, never having needed one, and from what I can gather he's clicked on something on the Crowdology site, which has 'cashed' his credits for him and his balance is now showing as zero.

He is now wondering where his credits have all gone to!

My guess is that Crowdology have assumed that the email address he has given them is in fact also his PayPal account, and have sent the credits there. However, as I say, he hasn't actually opened a PayPal account yet.

What would be the best thing to do in this situation? If he were to set up a PayPal account now, using that email address, would the credits be there waiting for him, or is it more likely they'll bounce back to his Crowdology account, or (his worst fear) that they've been lost somewhere..

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Crowdology state
    If you do not have an account with PayPal, PayPal will automatically set this up and send you details on how to login when the transfer is complete
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    why not just create his account and see whether they credit?
    Then he will know one way or the other.
    disregard that!

looks like mjm has a better suggestion!
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah, thankyou. He's not received any correspondence to that effect from PayPal, but I guess now is not the best time, being bank Holiday/Xmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure