Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 May 2013 at 8:30PM
    Options
    I think there is mass thread somewhere with lots of details, shall see if i can find it

edit: found it http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1261101

Modern Brand is a recent one in these parts atm :mad:
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've recently had contact with myjobstoday.co.uk offering to put me through Microsoft training for £79 a month, with the money paid out being given back after applying for 10 jobs with them.

It was a pretty heavy sales pitch by the person, oddly they didn't pressure me into signing up there and then with card details to go through with it.

Having looked online and being given log in details for the site to see what it's about, the log in didn't work, it's confirmed my suspicions that it's too good to be true and I should stay away.

So if you hear of anyone being approached by myjobstoday.co.uk tell them to give it a wide berth.
    Sometimes i surprise myself by being right.
  • loud_silence
    Options
    Another few door to door sales fast track 'management' companies are RH CLIENT SOLUTIONS , PIONEER INITIATIVES and ORRICK MARKETING SOLUTIONS all based in Leeds.
  • kineosteve
    Options
    My son went to a couple of interviews which sounded odd ie 10 mins and then a callback to do a full day interview that might last from noon until 8pm.
    I checked out the company websites and no tel numbers or real details. I was suspicious so searched companies house and no such companies, then I checked the owner of the domain names and found the sites were set up only a few days ago.
    One called Pure Atlantic was owned by Parker Worldwide, I then found they scam young people into thinking they are applying for decent jobs when actually it is door to door sales, and the full day interview is joining a sales person actually doing door to door sales.
    Other companies are called Pantheon International and Project Zinc.
    However, by next week they may well have changed their names and set up new sites.
    It is a shame something cant be done about these companies.
  • Josh.
    Options
    kineosteve wrote: »
    My son went to a couple of interviews which sounded odd ie 10 mins and then a callback to do a full day interview that might last from noon until 8pm.
    I checked out the company websites and no tel numbers or real details. I was suspicious so searched companies house and no such companies, then I checked the owner of the domain names and found the sites were set up only a few days ago.
    One called Pure Atlantic was owned by Parker Worldwide, I then found they scam young people into thinking they are applying for decent jobs when actually it is door to door sales, and the full day interview is joining a sales person actually doing door to door sales.
    Other companies are called Pantheon International and Project

Hahaha! Funny you should say that. I went into an interview with Pure Atlantic a couple days ago. I did poor in it anyway but after that I had it in my mind that I was going to turn down the job if I got it. Everything was rushed, they were very secretive about the job description and refused to tell me who their clients were. The interviewer even had the cheek to say to me I wasn't listening when I asked her for a detailed job description when all she said was "promotions, sales and direct marketing", the last two basically meaning door to door sales like you said. I got the idea that they didn't even look at our CVs when I secured an interview a day after my application and was told to bring my CV in with me to the interview. I second this guy. DO NOT apply for Pure Atlantic!
  • Armetage
    Armetage Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I'm doing a project into these scams with a view to preventing (or at least warning) others before they sign up. I understand it may have been some time since you worked there but I really need to get as much information as possible. Did people actually get paid the money that they were owed? Is it true they have a 'security bond' which withholds part of the payment?

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post contact details on here but any information you could tell me would be most appreciated.
  • Lesdyxsia
    Options
    My son just got taken in by one of these scams - Aquila Marketing in Leicester - wasted a whole day trolling around the middle of nowhere flogging door to door after telling him that he was coming in for a final interview for a graduate training place.
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Options
    Potential silly question.. Does your son have a degree?
    Also did he even ask what the grad training was in?

I guess when you are desperate you ignore the signs and hope it works out.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    Lyncroft wrote: »
    It's terrible really. In the late 80s jobs were sparse. I went for an interview in Stonebridge, North London. A rough area. Loads of people there and they played the music from Hawaii Five O and got everybody to sit in columns and then pretend to row a boat like in the tv programme. After a very brief interview you were paired up with another unfortunate and given a big bag full off tat which you were meant to take round shops and sell. I can remember it like yesterday. Me and a woman I was with got the tube down to Baker Street to start our trawl round the shops. On the journey down we didn't really speak - I think we were too shocked at what was happening. Anyway, we got off at Baker Street with the bag. It was cold and !!!!ing down. We looked at each other and I said something like "Sod this, this is crazy" (less polite than that). We dumped the bag and had a coffee in that cafe by the tube. I walk past it every day now. I often wonder what happened to the woman.

Anyway, it's depressing that nothing's really changed. It was tough then but you could still get jobs in the public sector which you can't now.

My friend that was actually the fore runner of The Apprentice and that lady was called Karen Brady...:D
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 October 2017 at 4:11PM
    Options
    My friend that was actually the fore runner of The Apprentice and that lady was called Karen Brady...:D

It is doubtful if Lyncroft (no connection) will remember this post as it is 7 yrs old.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure