Equita bailiffs coming back today!! Can anyone help!!

Options
2»

Comments

• lemaruk
    Options
    Does anyone know if the maximum amount of visits is still 3.
  • boo5612
    Options
    Hi I have had a bailiff call on Thursday and they want me to pay £800.00 by today but I can not get the money, they told me that they would be coming back for my stuff if I don’t pay up but I have not had any letters from the company and when I called them to talk about it they said it had gone to the bailiffs and they didn’t want to talk about it I have offered to pay £100 each month starting from the end of this month when I get paid and they have said no as it has gone to the bailiff is there nay help or advice I can get as it is making me ill worrying about it
  • hallowitch
    hallowitch Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    boo5612 wrote: »
    Hi I have had a bailiff call on Thursday and they want me to pay £800.00 by today but I can not get the money, they told me that they would be coming back for my stuff if I don’t pay up but I have not had any letters from the company and when I called them to talk about it they said it had gone to the bailiffs and they didn’t want to talk about it I have offered to pay £100 each month starting from the end of this month when I get paid and they have said no as it has gone to the bailiff is there nay help or advice I can get as it is making me ill worrying about it

what debt are they collecting (parking ticket,council tax, magistrate court fine ect)
    what bailiff company is it

have they previously levied your goods
    I am not an expert I am self taught i have no legal training any information I post is based on my own personal experience and information gained from other web sites

If you are in any doubt please seek legal/expert advice help
  • hallowitch
    hallowitch Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive got to go out for a few hours so with the little information given i cant help you very much at the moment

please lock your doors(they can open an unlocked door and walk in) close any open windows and hide your car (they cant remove your car if its on finance/HP) they have no legal powers to force entry so don't let them in and if you must speak to the bailiff on the phone record the call
    I am not an expert I am self taught i have no legal training any information I post is based on my own personal experience and information gained from other web sites

If you are in any doubt please seek legal/expert advice help
  • karaleanne
    Options
    ive had a few problems with the baliffs at equita last year my partner was out of work and we ocurred council tax arrears which got sent to them i recieve 2 letters dated several days apart but put through my door on the same day the one stating to ring the baliff to sort out repayments the other saying they where coming to remove good from my house ??? i then rang and soon as i spoke to the baliff which was a very rude agressive vile b***h she called me a liar and said that i didnt have this letter in front of me stating to ring to make a repayment she then procceeded to tell me im cominhg to your house to remove your goods i wasnt best pleased . so i rang my local council and asked to speak to a enforcement office as speaking to the baliff was like talking to a brick wall .luckliy the lady at the council rang equita and got me a arrangment put in place so i have made monthly payment to the every month but no casue they are no trying to tell me i needed to pay the first of every month ive broken the agreement i never payed the first of every month one month i payed 60 pound in the one month due to me not having the money the following month so even though ive made monthly payments every month it was still not good enough for this so called person > tryed to speak to her again and once again the vile rude tone in her voice .my partner spoke to her and told him cause i made a payment the 2nd of august then one on the 24th of sep im not sticking to the arrangemnt ?.they still get the money each month this is what as made me sick witth worry dont think i would have worried so much if i had missed the monthly payment but i havent .i once again rang the local council and explained that yes might not have payed on that date but they still have had the payment within the month he did tell me that equita are very firm when stating a payment date but he said as he can see i have kept up the payments he will ring them and get if put back in place .i couldnt thank him enough my advice speak to citizens advice or go back to the person you orignally owe the money to cause equita are the biggest waste of time why they even have a call centre i dont no!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure