PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Can I freeze salami?

Options
Hi all,

I have a half salami, and I was wondering if it would be ok to freeze, please?

Thanks

Comments

• Nordictat2
    Nordictat2 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you every bought frozen pizza with Salami on it? ;)
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi RootyTooty,

Yes, salami freezes well, just make sure to freeze it in portions that you will use in one go as it can't be re-frozen once you've defrosted it.

Pink
  • 23rdspiral
    23rdspiral Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    i often freeze whoopsied salami for use on piza, in pasta exta. i put in loose in a sandwich bag all seperated, then once frozen, tidy it up into a stack. that way it takes up less room but is easy to take out only as much as you need. oh, it never freezes totally solid but dont worry.
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
  • smartcat04
    Options
    So glad I found this old thread as I have bought an "end" of a salami from Me T this morning for the grand some of.... 2p! Was on the reduced shelf so will be splitting this into portions for the freezer tonight. I love these forums.
    April £5 a day challenge- £15.05/£150
  • julieq
    julieq Posts: 2,603 Forumite
    Options
    Salami is a preserved meat so it may not need freezing anyway. It might go a bit dry, but otherwise I keep mine in the fridge.

It's a very handy standby to have around. Apart from pizza, it's great cubed and fried to add to soups, on salad, in stews and all sorts of things that need a little flavour lift. If I do a remoska baked chicken I'll usually chuck some cubed salami in. There are some great bargains on full salamis in Lidl usually too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure