🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How much to replace watch face glass?

Options
I want to replace a broken watch glass face, it has a massive crack in the middle of it. how much would it cost normally to replace this? anyone know? thanks

Comments

• geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Options
    I got quoted £16 a few years ago. I wouldn't have thought it would cost any more than about £20.
  • kb36
    kb36 Posts: 440 Forumite
    Options
    If it's from M&S you can return it to the store and they will do it for £5.00. This happenend to my watch recently and the repair was speedy too!
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for both your replies. it was from hsamuels :)
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had to have a new one put it my watch last month, i had it done at a local jeweller`s and it cost me £14. That was for a plastic one though. Thats now scratched but i`m not replacing it again! I was quoted over £30 for a glass one.
  • justevi
    justevi Posts: 378 Forumite
    Options
    Isn't it crazy that you can buy a watch for a fiver easily but have to pay 3x that for a new face! Might be worth just buying a new watch with same size face and swapping faces over! Loads of different ones for a fiver in Wilkinsons, Asda and many other shops
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport