🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cheap Blades for Gillette M3Power Razor??

Options
2»

Comments

• dean2230
    dean2230 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    burbs wrote:
    Definatly Ebay, amazingly cheap. Or of your friendly car boot seller who just happens to have a 100 packs for sale

Wonder where they come from at that price then!

Costco by far the cheapest place and ligit
  • empfun
    empfun Posts: 608 Forumite
    Options
    Just watch out for imitations on eBay. They definitely don't cut as well. If you get a chance to hold a copy look closely at the aluminium fastener for the blades, on the genuine heads they are shiny but are dull on the copies. Also the lubricating gel strip on the copies don't really slick up at all and sometimes strips with a bit of use. Happy shaving!
    I know nothing
  • powlest
    powlest Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Whenever a new razor is relaeased the blades are always quite a lot more expensive then the ones for the previous model. The prices for the older blades never go down when a new razor is released.

If you follow this model I think you will find razor blades will equal house prices in 2052 :D

I still use a - Wilkinson Sword FX Diamond can get blades for 99p a pack in ASDA.

To be fair though the Wilkinson Sword FX Diamond is terrible, more like a broken bottle than a razor, I had one several years ago and cut myself to ribbons with it. Gillette make the best razors available IMHO and the M3 power razor is the best of the lot. You mostly get what you pay for with razors if you ask me.

I also got some blades in ASDA a little while ago, as cymro1170 said it was 8 for less than £10 IIRC, worth a look :)
  • catch22
    catch22 Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Was tempted yesterday to buy a M3Power Razor but after checking the price of the blades (Boots) changed my mind. Sorry Becks.
    Although it did make me wonder, 'why are blades so expensive?'
    catch22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills