Cost of installing oil Condenser Boiler?

Options
Hi folks,

Will need a new oil condenser boiler in next few years to be installed inside boiler house.
Semi detached bungalow with nine rads in total, three of those are double panel, and two are towel rails (one large) in bathrooms.

No grant scheme available at the moment, so not installing maybe until it comes back, but very interested in what make of condenser you installed and at what cost?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Coolhandluke
    Coolhandluke Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Budget around £1200 for a boiler, probley need a new flue too ,could be changed over in a couple of hours.
    The new Grant Condensing ones are very efficient .
    Pity you missed the warm homes grant. 
  • anotherquestion
    Options
    Thanks, so what kind of price am I talking about for all in, installing boiler and parts, one plumber has quoted me in excess of £2000 and thats not for a Grant boiler.
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    A neighbour recently put in a new boiler and he paid a little over £2000 including fitting. Nothing fancy in the installation, just a straight swap but required a little bit of re-plumbing of the pipework and a new plinth for it to sit on). Job was done in less than a day.
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • ellspacer
    ellspacer Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a new Grant boiler just over a year ago. Cost about £1600, basic replacement and plinth. Really noticed a reduction in my oil usage this year, probably spent about £500 less. Will pay for itself in a few years
  • anotherquestion
    anotherquestion Posts: 381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that, did £1600 include installation or do you do it yourself? If a tradesman installed it would you mind pm me the name and telephone. Many thanks.
  • Coolhandluke
    Coolhandluke Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 March at 3:27PM
    Options
    Thanks for that, did £1600 include installation or do you do it yourself? If a tradesman installed it would you mind pm me the name and telephone. Many thanks.
    You really need to say what area you live in to get any advice re tradesmen.
    Not much point giving you names of tradesmen in Belfast if you live in Enniskillen. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback