Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Bunnyinthelights
    What's the BEST thing to happen to you today????
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:40 PM
    What's the BEST thing to happen to you today???? 21st Jun 08 at 5:40 PM
    Ok, I'm tired of all this doom and gloom recently that seems to bombarding us from all angles and I believe it's time to start concentrating on all the good, important, HAPPY, kind, thoughtful, wonderful things that happen to us on a daily basis, no matter how small-hopefully this will rainse the spirits of all of us DFW's!

Today, as most of you know, I recieved a whole load of girls clothes for my DD from a fellow DFW-and she wouldnt even accept money for the postage.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-07-2008 at 3:18 PM.
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
Page 1
  • notanothergreyhair
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:43 PM
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:43 PM
    I won't give the rude answer

Actually, today I felt the black cloud which as been hovering for the past two weeks lift.
    I'm the only gay in this forum
    *Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads*
    • tigzem
    • By tigzem 21st Jun 08, 5:45 PM
    • 2,321 Posts
    • 3,530 Thanks
    tigzem
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:45 PM
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:45 PM
    My little girl who is 3 end of August coming up to me and telling me she loves me.....awwww
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
    • boredofbeingathome
    • By boredofbeingathome 21st Jun 08, 5:46 PM
    • 15,386 Posts
    • 37,539 Thanks
    boredofbeingathome
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:46 PM
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:46 PM
    My runner beans were 7" this morning and have grown another 1/2 an inch..impressive.
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation
  • Bunnyinthelights
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:47 PM
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:47 PM
    My DS told me the other day (bearing in mind he is 3) that I had 'lucious boobies' LOL!
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
  • Gemmzie
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:48 PM
    Today, I work my penultimate Saturday at work

(Does that count?)
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
    • Pooky
    • By Pooky 21st Jun 08, 5:48 PM
    • 6,923 Posts
    • 44,199 Thanks
    Pooky
    After wandering around a busy city centre trying to find bridesmaid shoes for my DD's and refusing to pay £38 for a pair of shoes they will only wear once, we popped into a cheapy shoe shop for some flip flops and there, right on the display at the back of the shop, the perfect colour, soft ballet pumps for £6.99 a pair! That almost made my day.....

But then we went strawberry picking and sat in the grounds of a local abbey whilst watching DD's pond dipping and running around like loons...the sun was trying to shine, the strawberries were sooo sweet and the grass had just been cut.....The simple things in life are so much more pleasureable.
  • taxi73
    All the support from here.
  • LouiseJ
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:49 PM
    • 21st Jun 08, 5:49 PM
    My 15 year old Son has just come up to me and gave me a hug.........without me having to ask for one
    [I]But these things take time, I know that I'm, the most inept that ever stepped.
    • claireabelle
    • By claireabelle 21st Jun 08, 5:50 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 2,244 Thanks
    claireabelle
    nice thread! Mine was finding 10 quid in the back pocket of a pair of jeans I stopped wearing 5 years ago!
    Last edited by claireabelle; 21-06-2008 at 5:53 PM. Reason: my keyboard has gone american and dropped pound sign
  • Bunnyinthelights
    This is making me feel so much happier!
    Thank you all!!!!!
  • bringmeshoes
    the best thing to happen to me today was having a double decker...mmm
    The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about - Oscar Wilde
    Big sister to Hayley11 and Before Hollywood and adopted daughter of Vikingero
    • Purpleroses
    • By Purpleroses 21st Jun 08, 5:53 PM
    • 4,109 Posts
    • 9,945 Thanks
    Purpleroses
    just found out a shoe designer is using our cloth in their next collection makes up for the bad letter from the bank today!

fab thread bunny! its good to focus on the postive for a change
    NSD: 14/15

• spud30
    Right.....let me think.......nope, I'll have to get back to you on this one :confused: :rolleyes:
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches

Loves being a Wonderbra friend
  • bringmeshoes
    my days goingto get even better when i crack open the bottle of mango vodka i brought back from amsterdam...can anyone here is shouting me?
    The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about - Oscar Wilde
    Big sister to Hayley11 and Before Hollywood and adopted daughter of Vikingero
    • my_old_mans_a_dustman
    • By my_old_mans_a_dustman 21st Jun 08, 6:01 PM
    • 720 Posts
    • 4,901 Thanks
    my_old_mans_a_dustman
    I just picked up a Nintendo WII Fit from Argos
    “Truly Great Madness Cannot Be Achieved Without Significant Intelligence.”
    • pandora205
    • By pandora205 21st Jun 08, 6:03 PM
    • 2,826 Posts
    • 2,670 Thanks
    pandora205
    Walking in the rain across the campus at uni, seeing two squirrels playing, the leaves on the trees vivid green, surrounded by the lovely old red brick buildings made me think how much I love England even when it's wet!
  • SarahPaxton
    i recieved a phone call from my mother after not speaking to her as she remarried and we fell out.

im soo glad she called
    • hedgewytch13
    • By hedgewytch13 21st Jun 08, 6:09 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 592 Thanks
    hedgewytch13
    I won £30 on Mirror Bingo Finding out my little boy had won this weeks "Star of the Week" at his pre-school and my driving instructor saying that he thinks I'm ready for my next driving test. It's more than one I know
  • brassmonkey
    Wife and I actually successfully managed to resist the temptation of a dominos pizza and feel much better for it. Every penny helps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,133Posts Today

8,989Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin