Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Butterfliesarepretty
    • By Butterfliesarepretty 25th May 08, 12:01 PM
    • 1,932Posts
    • 2,002Thanks
    Butterfliesarepretty
    Alliance and leicester online banking down?
    • 25th May 08, 12:01 PM
    Alliance and leicester online banking down? 25th May 08 at 12:01 PM
    I have been trying to get into my accounts for two days now. Went to the branch to be told I could not transfer money from my direct saver to my current account in the branch, then was told you'll be charged if you withdraw funds from your directsaver. What do I care? I just want to transfer my money over. I can't do it over the phone as I do not know my phone pin, and I can only find that out on the online website aaaargh!:confused:

I hope the website will be fixed tomorrow.
    Mortgage Free 2016
    Work Part Time

Page 1
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 25th May 08, 12:07 PM
    • 23,219 Posts
    • 58,223 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    • 25th May 08, 12:07 PM
    • 25th May 08, 12:07 PM
    Not that I want to worry you, but the A&L online banking is working fine for me today (ISA a/c).
    • bubblesbonbon
    • By bubblesbonbon 25th May 08, 12:12 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 1,890 Thanks
    bubblesbonbon
    • 25th May 08, 12:12 PM
    • 25th May 08, 12:12 PM
    I've just acessed my account with no problems as well.

Are you using a bookmark/favorite to access the login page or are you going via the A&L homepage?

Banks sometimes change login servers so best to go in from home page

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/home/index.asp?page=home
  • londonuk2008
    • 25th May 08, 12:17 PM
    • 25th May 08, 12:17 PM
    Yeah mines also fine.
    • Butterfliesarepretty
    • By Butterfliesarepretty 25th May 08, 1:05 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 2,002 Thanks
    Butterfliesarepretty
    • 25th May 08, 1:05 PM
    • 25th May 08, 1:05 PM
    Ihave tried getting in that way, deleted my cookies etc. Can not get on it.
    Can get on everything else its weird.
    Mortgage Free 2016
    Work Part Time

• Butterfliesarepretty
    • By Butterfliesarepretty 25th May 08, 1:22 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 2,002 Thanks
    Butterfliesarepretty
    • 25th May 08, 1:22 PM
    • 25th May 08, 1:22 PM
    its working now I clicked on online banking rather than the homepage and it worked.
    Mortgage Free 2016
    Work Part Time

• TractorGirl327
    • By TractorGirl327 25th May 08, 4:10 PM
    • 4,031 Posts
    • 4,523 Thanks
    TractorGirl327
    • 25th May 08, 4:10 PM
    • 25th May 08, 4:10 PM
    I haven't been able to access A&L yesterday or today either
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Butterfliesarepretty
    • By Butterfliesarepretty 25th May 08, 4:59 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 2,002 Thanks
    Butterfliesarepretty
    • 25th May 08, 4:59 PM
    • 25th May 08, 4:59 PM
    search for alliance and leicester then under the link click on online banking and it should work.
    Mortgage Free 2016
    Work Part Time

• Night-owl
    • 25th May 08, 5:11 PM
    • 25th May 08, 5:11 PM
    I have just logged on and checked and online banking is working fine for me.
    Delete all your cookies and internet history and try again.
    If you are still having problems after that then you may want to give A&L a ring and see if maybe your online banking details have been blocked.
    I have to say alos, internet banking has been up and running the past week as I have logged on daily with no problems, sounds like a fault your end.
    Hope you get it sorted.

:confused:
    • TractorGirl327
    • By TractorGirl327 26th May 08, 10:00 AM
    • 4,031 Posts
    • 4,523 Thanks
    TractorGirl327
    I can't even get the home page. I get "
    Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • reserved
    Working ok for me, could do with a bit more money in my account though!

• peawack
    They sent a message to say my 12 digit number would be changing to 8. Did not get a new number. They blocked access without warning.
    When I informed them, they gave me a new number, which did not work with the pin. Then they said they would send a new pin by post.......still waiting two weeks later !!! I have no idea what's going on, and neither it seems have they.
    Peter
  • reserved
    They sent a message to say my 12 digit number would be changing to 8. Did not get a new number.
    Originally posted by peawack
    I got my 8 digit number sent by "secure messaging" some time ago and have used it ever since.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 26th May 08, 11:19 AM
    • 10,554 Posts
    • 128,131 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Mine is all working fine.........
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 26th May 08, 11:55 AM
    • 8,465 Posts
    • 6,051 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    They sent a secure message saying "We've recently issued our Internet Banking customers with new 8 digit Customer ID numbers". Unfortunately there is no trace of such a number being notified.

If they now block access to the account, how is this restored? I don't know the phone pin - and, unless it is the same as the card pin, it is not viewed on line.

Though they can send secure messages which can be accessed when you have access to your account online, it seems there is no way of sending them a secure message in reply to ask!!!!!!
  • Night-owl
    Hi

For the record everyone should have ben sent a new 8 digit customer number by post, the pin will remain the same unless you ask them to change it.
    For those who have not got a 8 digit customer number and cant log on to internet banking then you need to ring or call into your bank tomorrow.
    Internet banking is working again fine for me.
    You may want to try deleting cookies and trying again.
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 26th May 08, 12:17 PM
    • 8,465 Posts
    • 6,051 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    Hi

For the record everyone should have ben sent a new 8 digit customer number .
    Originally posted by Night-owl
    Thanks for the post. I think the operative word there is "should".
  • Night-owl
    I know that I heard that A & L will be sending customers there new 8 digit customer number between late April and end of May - it is therefore possible that it is on its way.
    If you ring internet banking they may let you have your new 8 digit number over the phone after going through security.

Goodluck
    • TractorGirl327
    • By TractorGirl327 26th May 08, 12:46 PM
    • 4,031 Posts
    • 4,523 Thanks
    TractorGirl327
    My hubby has looked into it and it seems to be a current DNS problem with O2 broadband. I've now managed to access it via a proxy server.

TG xx
  • Night-owl
    My hubby has looked into it and it seems to be a current DNS problem with O2 broadband. I've now managed to access it via a proxy server.

TG xx
    Originally posted by TractorGirl327
    Well done and thank you for helping everyone who couldnt access it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

48Posts Today

1,857Users online

Martin's Twitter