Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • noonesperfect
    • By noonesperfect 18th May 08, 6:16 PM
    • 1,823Posts
    • 1,307Thanks
    noonesperfect
    Best Time to worm dogs?
    • 18th May 08, 6:16 PM
    Best Time to worm dogs? 18th May 08 at 6:16 PM
    Is there a time of day when it's best to give dogs their worming pills?

Mine are due, but I usually give them in the morning. I'm always afraid my woofs might have an accident overnight if I give them in their worming pills in the early evening with their tea. They're always let out last thing at night, but then have to wait about 8 hours to go out. Is that too long?

What does anyone else do?
Page 1
  • LittleTinker
    • 18th May 08, 7:32 PM
    • 18th May 08, 7:32 PM
    I just feed them to the dog when they eat....around lunch time.

But when they were fed at tea time, I gave them then.

I dont suppose it matters really.
  • snowman2
    • 18th May 08, 9:29 PM
    • 18th May 08, 9:29 PM
    Any time is the best time to worm your dog. Some wormers need to be given with food but check on the packet or check with your vet
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 19th May 08, 12:16 AM
    • 11,563 Posts
    • 31,248 Thanks
    suki1964
    • 19th May 08, 12:16 AM
    • 19th May 08, 12:16 AM
    Personally I give my lad his wormer in the morning on a day when I know we can be out walking together for most of the day - because he gets a runny bum every time.
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Penny Watcher
    • By Penny Watcher 19th May 08, 7:45 AM
    • 3,412 Posts
    • 5,824 Thanks
    Penny Watcher
    • 19th May 08, 7:45 AM
    • 19th May 08, 7:45 AM
    The instructions on my the dog's worming tablets said give the tablets in the morning with a fifth of their daily food.

The wait 8 hours and feed them the rest of their food.

HTH

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please GIVE BLOOD - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 52 pints so far.
    • noonesperfect
    • By noonesperfect 19th May 08, 10:44 AM
    • 1,823 Posts
    • 1,307 Thanks
    noonesperfect
    • 19th May 08, 10:44 AM
    • 19th May 08, 10:44 AM
    Watch this space! :rolleyes:

They got their worming pills then their brekky this morning (2 meals a day as it's dry food). I know I can be on hand to let them out today. I always worry that it the worming pills cause discomfort to the dog (I know I'm soft)

suki1964 - your poor dog! Still, it's for his own good.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

3,270Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • These scams are nothing to do with bitcoin. They are just scams. My view on bitcoin (though a little old now) a? https://t.co/i6rRIOr5hk

• SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! I have nothing to do with 'Bitcoin trading' or any get rich quick type advert or scheme. Don't t? https://t.co/WjitDxAc26

• Now I've heard it all. Apparently my politics is dictated by who follows me! You couldn't make this up. PS and for? https://t.co/hoPf6Jp34N

• Follow Martin