Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tigersilly
    • By Tigersilly 20th Apr 08, 4:19 AM
    • 377Posts
    • 617Thanks
    Tigersilly
    Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes
    • 20th Apr 08, 4:19 AM
    Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes 20th Apr 08 at 4:19 AM
    Hi, I have been searching for a cheap smell-alike to Dolce Vita EDT perfume. It costs around 30 for 50ml and the smell doesn't even linger for that long (sadly there's no EDP version to save re-applying).

Does anyone know of a Dolce Vita Smell-alike? or of any other smell-alikes?
    Could you list them in this thread?

Thank you xx

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Tigersilly; 12-09-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Page 55
    • yourmirror
    • By yourmirror 12th Feb 18, 5:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    yourmirror
    Yes this Dolce Vita is a waste of money, i think you can use Paco Rabanne perfume, It smells good and not very expensive
    • fisson
    • By fisson 16th Feb 18, 9:00 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fisson
    KL/ Estee Super (or just Estee)
    Does anyone know of a smell-alike for the discontinued KL and Estee Super. Or is anyone aware of an Estee smell-alike. I especially miss KL and cannot afford the Ebay prices. It really was sublime. I have been through the posts and cannot believe no one else misses it as well. Anybody?
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 16th Feb 18, 9:59 AM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,420 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    Does anyone know of a smell-alike for the discontinued KL and Estee Super. Or is anyone aware of an Estee smell-alike. I especially miss KL and cannot afford the Ebay prices. It really was sublime. I have been through the posts and cannot believe no one else misses it as well. Anybody?
    Originally posted by fisson
    Perfume Parlour do EL dupes. They all have reviews so you can check how close they are.
    • fisson
    • By fisson 16th Feb 18, 11:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fisson
    Thank you for the suggestion. No KL but Estee is there.
    • LunaaLouuby
    • By LunaaLouuby 4th Apr 18, 5:09 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    LunaaLouuby
    I too have used perfume-parlour and had no trouble. I had ordered two and both smelt just like the named brand! I have sensitive skin and no reactions.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Apr 18, 9:14 AM
    • 34,993 Posts
    • 129,901 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Hi, I don't know if anyone can help.

My favourite perfume of all time was Deci Dela by Nina Ricci, which was discontinued several years ago.

I was very upset, as I am funny with perfumes and it had taken me a long time to find one I really liked. Plus everyone commented on how lovely it was.

Anyway, I have been trying to find a firm which makes duplicates of discontinued perfumes.

I tried one, Scentmatchers, in the States, but although their blurb said it could make perfumes almost the same as the original, it was absolutely nothing like the original, nowhere close, so I was very disappointed.

Can anyone help? Even after several years, I'm not giving up hope!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • dawn1980
    • By dawn1980 15th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    dawn1980
    I was looking for a dupe for Chloe. I have a bottle and some lotion but wanted something cheap for inbetweens.
    I bought Hawai and it was truly awful.
    I bought Kloe by Kloe from perfume parlour and it's rreally really similar the only difference is how far it wafts and it doesn't make me sneeze.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,358Posts Today

6,065Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin