Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 5
  • babble
    I'm always a bit wary of signing up for trials with companies who say they won't take payment so I got myself a prepaid credit card and have a couple of quid on it. That way if they try to take anything they won't get it!
  • ebsay2000
    Good Point Babble!

Ive had problems with Moviestream too!!

Now Ive loaded a fiver on Entropay.com 's 'virtual' prepaid 'credit' card.....(they charge u just 25p for loading £5 or 50p for £10.....no charges for using it).

These 'virtual' cards are the best thing if you have to give card details to try free trials!
  • cranhill
    Hi, I took advantage of this offer and have had ny two free rentals. I have now cancelled my account but so far I have not received my free DVD. Does anyone know how long the free DVD takes to arrive ?
  • brownmurder
    lol for 9 out of 10 people it never arrives
    There is a Money Saving Expert quidclan, next time your on quidco have a look for it
    • brightonman123
    • By brightonman123 28th Jun 08, 9:17 AM
    • 8,338 Posts
    • 48,512 Thanks
    brightonman123
    signed up, did 3wks of trial but never got my freebie.. v unhelpful customer service peeps made it not worth pursuing.
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • HappyPatsy
    Received My Free DVD
    I received my Free DVD from Wilkinson's without any problems. Yes there was a delay, but the DVD did finally arrive.

I have never had any problems when I called their office, everyone has been very helpful and apologetic about the delay.

I am astonished at the amount of complaints on here about them.

My Free Trial went well. When I wanted to stay I called them about the cheap package and they changed my package for me. When I chased the Free DVD, they explained that the promotion was very popular and thats why there is a delay.

Very Happy with the service received so far.
    • TomandBarbara
    • By TomandBarbara 28th Jun 08, 5:32 PM
    • 248 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    TomandBarbara
    I received my Free DVD from Wilkinson's without any problems. Yes there was a delay, but the DVD did finally arrive.

I have never had any problems when I called their office, everyone has been very helpful and apologetic about the delay.

My Free Trial went well. When I wanted to stay I called them about the cheap package and they changed my package for me. When I chased the Free DVD, they explained that the promotion was very popular and thats why there is a delay.

Originally posted by HappyPatsy

Think you were one of the lucky ones!
  • brownmurder
    sorry if your being honest
    but i never never ever believe anyone who just registered and has 1 post count defending a company that is without a doubt corrupt
    There is a Money Saving Expert quidclan, next time your on quidco have a look for it
    • max2002ad
    • By max2002ad 28th Jun 08, 11:31 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    max2002ad
    I am having problems with the free dvd too.
    I cancelled 26.04.2008 and recieved an email the month after saying i will get dvd in 28 days and i am still waiting. They don't seem to reply to emails so i am going to have to phone them on monday.
    My Motto in Life:

Make Every Penny Count !!!!
    • littlelu2008
    • By littlelu2008 29th Jun 08, 10:12 AM
    • 248 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    littlelu2008
    I received that e-mail too and am still waiting for the DVD
    January: Moto GP DVD Many thanks to all the Competition posters!
    • helwarren
    • By helwarren 15th Jul 08, 11:46 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    helwarren
    Well, yesterday I received my second free dvd of oceans thirteen!
    • Guapa1
    • By Guapa1 15th Jul 08, 1:16 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 1,745 Thanks
    Guapa1
    *Sulks* That's the one I chose!^^ Can I have it? LOL
    Getting there... A deal at a time.
    • helwarren
    • By helwarren 16th Jul 08, 3:19 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    helwarren
    Sorry, mother in law has nabbed it
    • scootw1
    • By scootw1 16th Jul 08, 8:54 PM
    • 2,018 Posts
    • 1,805 Thanks
    scootw1
    I actually paid for a month's subs and still didn't get the DVD. Useless bunch of twits they are
  • smartt21
    Am still waiting for free DVD after 2 months too, but have received e-mail saying there is a delay.
    A-Z Challenge 2013

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Thanks to all who take the time & effort to post. You are all stars!!
  • smartt21

Originally posted by HappyPatsy
    I agree with suzynick!
    A-Z Challenge 2013

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Thanks to all who take the time & effort to post. You are all stars!!
  • kramii
    Still Waiting...
    I received an email on 3rd June stating that I'd receive my free DVD within 28 days, but I am still waiting.

I telephoned Customer Services today, and was assured that I would receive my DVD sometime in the next 7 days.

In the mean time, I have written up my experiece with this service on my Blog.
    • Guapa1
    • By Guapa1 26th Jul 08, 3:18 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 1,745 Thanks
    Guapa1
    Sorry, mother in law has nabbed it
    Originally posted by helwarren
    I was joking... (sort of )
    Thanks anyway though.

Well I got a dvd today. It was the Simpsons though not Oceans 13 like I requested. :confused::rolleyes:

I'm not even going to argue this one.
    Getting there... A deal at a time.
    • littlelu2008
    • By littlelu2008 27th Jul 08, 3:44 PM
    • 248 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    littlelu2008
    I received my free DVD in the post y/day, Harry Potter which was the one I ordered. Quite pleased as I'd given up hope with this one
    January: Moto GP DVD Many thanks to all the Competition posters!
  • missbungle
    I forgot all about the free DVD after the trial, but I have received the free DVD just recently.

They were quick at sending out the dvds I requested to rent and I think they offer a really good service. I've had no problems at all

Always check the Terms and Conditions before taking out a free trial. I always try to cancel a week before the trial ends.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,953Posts Today

6,637Users online

Martin's Twitter