Free DVD when you sign up for Wilkinson Plus free trial

Comments

• jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have e-mailed and recieved a reply saying they have released my funds back to me! EXCEPT they are still not in my bank!!! I have e-mailed 3 times and will continue to do so EVERY DAY untill this is resolved! I go on mat leave tomorrow for A YEAR! I've time on my hands...
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
  • dawnylou
    dawnylou Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    They are still ignoring me.....
    Dream of being mortgage free....
    APR 2007 - £109,825 FEB 2012 - £98,664.53:beer:

• h007
    h007 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    did ANYONE get the dvd?????
  • helwarren
    helwarren Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post
    Still not got mine but just thanking my lucky stars didn't have the same problems other people had.
  • ScoobyCanDo
    ScoobyCanDo Posts: 93 Forumite
    It's a GREAT BIG CON .............................!

Signed up and rented first two DVD's OK,

Then followed THEIR T&C's to the LETTER and cancelled after sending back first 2 rentals and B4 Trial Period ended ............. and so far to date - NOTHING with regard to the FREE DVD?

Have now sent around 20 emails and had 2 replies .......... both stating the DVD would be sent out within 28 days ................ now been almost TWO months and still NOTHING!

I'm starting to smell a RAT where Wilkinson's are concerned ............ SO :-

BE WARNED!!!

Take out a TRIAL at your peril, IF you are hoping to get a FREE DVD!

It's NOT going to happen!!!:mad:

Also if I'm honest, THEIR list of available titles to rent is so poor, you can find better and later titles on Ebay!!!:confused:
  • CBo
    CBo Posts: 508 Forumite
    Maybe inform Wilkinsons on what a dirty low life company they are associating their brand with
  • Guapa1
    Guapa1 Posts: 890 Forumite
    I didn't get my free dvd either, but luckily didn't have the problems some of you guys did. What an awful company.
    Getting there... A deal at a time. :T
  • nmckay15
    nmckay15 Posts: 168 Forumite
    I didn't get mine either. I put together a list of 15 DVDs and after waiting a week and a half without any DVD being dispatched, I cancelled. Can't believe that out of a choice of 15 DVDs, they didn't have any in to send me - I chose a wide range as well. Think I'm going ot let Wilkinsons know about this and see what they say, as the DVD rental company obviously isn't doing anything.
  • h007
    h007 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    i got an email from wilkinson - it is looking hopeful for the free gift!!!

:D:D:D:D

Dear Helen,

We very much hope you are enjoyed the time you spent with us recently - although we were sorry that you decided to cancel your Membership.

We are, however, pleased to confirm that you did fully qualified for the bonus DVD-to-keep that you chose on registration: Die Hard 4.0
    You qualified for your bonus DVD once you had chosen at least 15 titles and then received & returned your first rentals - and we asked you to allow up to 28 working days from the point of qualification to receive your Bonus DVD. This will be a brand new, boxed retail version and will shortly be dispatched to the address we still hold for you.
    Should you have any queries, or if you'd like to rejoin, please contact Customer Support.
    We hope to welcome you back in the future!
  • helwarren
    helwarren Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post
    got the same e-mail -my faith almost restored
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business