PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Confessions of a very tired old styler. Please join in.

There are chocolate beans in my fruit bowl and I've just ordered takeaway pizza even though there is dough in the fridge.

:o

And there is still paint on my kitchen table from our splat painting antics earlier.

And the towels from swimming are on the floor.

And there is an aubergine on the turn in the fridge. There isn't much else in there.

It's not just chocolate beans in the fruit bowl either. There's a British Isles jigsaw, a straw art kit, a pencil case and a camera. (And the fruit.)

:rolleyes: I'm counting the beetroot juice in the red chocolate beans as one of my 5 a day.

And I've just noticed that there is a sucky cup in the veg box.

Please feel free to share your 'I'll try harder next week' stories. :o

:D I swear I really am normally more on top of things than this!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
May all your dots fall silently to the ground.

Comments

• There's a mound of washing up

There's a load of veg that i should really make into soup before it does bad

I ordered a takeaway last night because I was too tired to even open the fridge.

I need to do a white wash, desperately.

Take heart Gingham... we all have days (weeks in my case lol) when the world gets too much.

BTW, chocolate is a vegetable... :)
  • joannasmum
    joannasmum Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have no cooker and havent had since Boxing Day!! There has been more takeaways than I care to think about over the last few weeks. I was thinking today that J really hasnt had her 5 aday for about the last week. I can't remember the last time the breadmaker was on and I bought 3 boxes of cakes from the market today. Oh and theres a pile of lego in the toy room that I couldnt be bothered to get down on the floor and pick up. I've just remembered that theres washing sat in the machine which can also wait till morning as I cant be bothered.
    Sorting my life out one day at a time
  • LizD_2
    LizD_2 Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I haven't cooked from scratch since last monday.

I ran out of clean undies this morning (have put the washing on now though).

I haven't managed five a day for about ten days.

My house is a tip.
  • pretz_2
    pretz_2 Posts: 528 Forumite
    ok so is this where we share our flaws lol
    so here it goes
    ordered take out tonight because i was just too tired to cook
    have a mountain of washing to do
    washing up on the side
    and still havent tidied up from when lo went to bed
    but you know what i cant be bothered and it can all wait till the morning lol
    although i will probably regret this in the morning
    oh well lol
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    well ive got a basket full of washing
    basket load to yet go in dryer
    havent dusted this week or much else
    havent hoovered in 2 days, now with 3 kids thats bad!
    had to chuck out some veg from fridge as it had gone off

We all have bad days or in my case a week:rotfl: kids are running me ragged, so looking forward to the easter hols! not:rolleyes:

susie
  • Benthosboy
    Benthosboy Posts: 417 Forumite
    Most of my "confessions" started since "A-Z" (insert your own expletives :D ) announced that she was bailing out.

Slept on the setee every night for the last FIVE weeks and have fell asleep at work as a result :eek: To say I'm shattered is an understatement :rolleyes:

Lost almost a stone in weight due to, err, a very poor diet :o and generally not looked after myself as well as I know I need to.

Had to throw food away because I've got the shopping wrong, (this really hurts me as I detest getting anything wrong).

Not taken my beloved dogs out as much as they deserve.

Started looking at women's left hands to see if they're wearing a wedding ring. (I swear I never did this in almost 16 years of marriage but can't seem to stop doing it now :o )

BTW, what is a "sucky cup" and a "white wash" and "clean undies" :D

Martyn.
    LBM: 12.2.08.
    Debt-free as of July '09 :j and determined not to go there, ever again :mad:
    DFW Nerd Club #902 Proud to have dealt with my debts.
  • moneyowen
    moneyowen Posts: 71 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    well well well and theres me thinking you were all saints:rotfl:thank goodness I'm not on my own at the moment theres a pile of dishes in the sink which I promise to do before bedtime and a pile of ironing in the basket which won't be done tonight been out all day and I'm absolutely shattered
  • Martyn,

White wash is what you do if you don't want your work shirts to be coloured pink by your red boxers (see "undies", above)

I sympathise on the weight loss, I've lost over a stone since my car accident, pure loss of appetite. (resulting in a sinful need to *gasp* throw veg away)

But every cloud... bet your ancient jeans fit better now?

Sucky cup would be a cool and confusing insult to hurl in moments of stress I think. I can see the bemused faces now....
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Gingham_Ribbon Posts: 31,520 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Benthosboy wrote: »

Started looking at women's left hands to see if they're wearing a wedding ring. (I swear I never did this in almost 16 years of marriage but can't seem to stop doing it now :o )

BTW, what is a "sucky cup" and a "white wash" and "clean undies" :D

Martyn.
    While we're confessing, I haven't been able to get my wedding ring on since I got pregnant with DS2 and he's a year old. So much for losing my pregnancy weight.

Sucky cup - cup with a spout
    white wash - something I really should get round to doing SOON
    clean undies - underwear that is clean but shamefully unmatchy. (it's a word!) One pink sock, one blue one today. :o
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • Benthosboy
    Benthosboy Posts: 417 Forumite
    Martyn,

White wash is what you do if you don't want your work shirts to be coloured pink by your red boxers (see "undies", above) No boxers here. This is strictly string vest and pants territory :D

I sympathise on the weight loss, I've lost over a stone since my car accident, pure loss of appetite. (resulting in a sinful need to *gasp* throw veg away) Ouch.

But every cloud... bet your ancient jeans fit better now? You must mean my trendy flares :o

Sucky cup would be a cool and confusing insult to hurl in moments of stress I think. I can see the bemused faces now....Is it rhyming slang? I had a, err, sheltered childhood :rolleyes:

I fear more confessions are on the way......
    LBM: 12.2.08.
    Debt-free as of July '09 :j and determined not to go there, ever again :mad:
    DFW Nerd Club #902 Proud to have dealt with my debts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure