Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Bendybops19
    Need biscuit recipes asap!
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:16 PM
    Need biscuit recipes asap! 5th Aug 05 at 2:16 PM
    Helloooo every one!

I need a yummy biscuit or cookie recipe asap! I am at work for another 30 mins but then i have to rush to sainsburys to buy the ingrediants.

As you may have guessed...i am not a great cook!!

I desperately need quite a simple recipe to make some tasty biscuits for tonight.

I have tried googling for recipes but they are all too complicated!

I hope some one can help me!!!

I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers

Page 1
  • Badgergal
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:19 PM
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:19 PM
    If you look in the MEGA index thread the recipe for "fridge biscuits" is super easy and foolproof and you can adapt it as you please.
  • Bendybops19
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:24 PM
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:24 PM
    Thank you, i will go and look Thanks for the quick reply too!!

I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers

• Badgergal
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:30 PM
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:30 PM
    That's ok

By the way, you don't have to chill them in the fridge first if you want them right away - they're useful to have like that, but if you want to bake them straight away by shaping them into biscuits with your hands/rolling the dough and cutting shapes, you can.
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 5th Aug 05, 2:33 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:33 PM
    • 5th Aug 05, 2:33 PM
    Also!

The Be-Ro site

Take a look at biscuits and cookies on the right hand side
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
    • Liz19
    • By Liz19 13th Mar 06, 10:42 AM
    • 645 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    Liz19
    • 13th Mar 06, 10:42 AM
    • 13th Mar 06, 10:42 AM
    If you look in the MEGA index thread the recipe for "fridge biscuits" is super easy and foolproof and you can adapt it as you please.
    by Badgergal
    Could someone point me in the direction of this recipe. I have looked in the MEGA index thread but seem to be missing it.
  • Badgergal
    • 13th Mar 06, 10:57 AM
    • 13th Mar 06, 10:57 AM
    Hi there, not sure if it was the exact same recipe I was talking about but this recipe seems to be along the right lines?
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 13th Mar 06, 10:59 AM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 13th Mar 06, 10:59 AM
    • 13th Mar 06, 10:59 AM
    The fridge biscuits are in our main Old Style Recipe Collection, the shortcut is linked below

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=350037&postcount=12
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
    • Liz19
    • By Liz19 13th Mar 06, 1:50 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    Liz19
    • 13th Mar 06, 1:50 PM
    • 13th Mar 06, 1:50 PM
    Many thanks squeaky, that's the one I was looking for!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,839Posts Today

4,120Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin