Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 4th Mar 08, 6:18 PM
    • 8,111Posts
    • 42,248Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    The great 'Unsigned / up and coming bands free music' Hunt
    • 4th Mar 08, 6:18 PM
    0 WOW
    The great 'Unsigned / up and coming bands free music' Hunt 4th Mar 08 at 6:18 PM
    What's it about?

As many will know I'm not into music (I've never bought a music CD in my life). Yet I know for many un-signed and up-and-coming musicians it can be a struggle to get heard and for many an important way of getting the word out there is to showcase it on their websites. This means there's a huge, often un-tapped source of free music available online for music lovers to listen to, yet finding it is the key.

What to do

I thought I'd tap MoneySavers' knowledge to find the free new music available out there. If you know someone whose style you like, whether it's pop, rock, jazz or classical then let others know about them here.

Please try to use the following format:
    • Band/Artist's Name:
    • Music Style:
    • What style of music/who is it similar to?:
    The MSE Factor

We'd also like to institute our own rating system. If you like a particular artist's music then please thank the poster; to give others an idea of how popular they are.

PS, a note to forum regulars. While normally we'd ask people not to post their own websites, in this instance if you or a friend has some tracks you think are worth listening to then that's fine.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Martin; 11-03-2008 at 7:59 PM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,722Posts Today

10,009Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Are you an overdraft prisoner? How to escape it! My new blog on ways to get rid of your overdraft... https://t.co/KbJwbWLFQI

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @annaefoster from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin