Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WoodruffsDad
    • By WoodruffsDad 12th Feb 08, 6:48 PM
    • 322Posts
    • 62Thanks
    WoodruffsDad
    Standard Letter To Stop Harassment.
    • 12th Feb 08, 6:48 PM
    Standard Letter To Stop Harassment. 12th Feb 08 at 6:48 PM
    My wife has debt problems which are being sorted out via CCCS.

Most of her creditors are OK but Halifax are ringing her several times daily with a robot message from an "unavailable" number so we can't block it using BT's Choose To Refuse service.

I seem to remember seeing somewhere on here a standard letter which you can send to harassing creditors to get them to stop their 'phone calls.

Can anyone point me to it please?
Page 1
  • Scarlett.1974
    • 12th Feb 08, 6:50 PM
    • 12th Feb 08, 6:50 PM
    Date.

Your name
    Your address

Dear Sir / Madam

Re: Account Number xxxxxxxxxx

I am writing to express my serious concerns regarding the telephone calls that I have received from your company.

I am now formally requesting that all further correspondence be made in writing only.

I demand that these phone calls stop immediately. I am familiar with the terms of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1970 and I believe your harassment places you in breach of these acts.

If you continue to call, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and, as such, I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

Take further note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

You will be deemed to have been served notice of my request and I will deem it served by Wednesday FULL DATE, I am advising you that any calls received after this date will be recorded with the intention of them being used as evidence.

Yours faithfully,

Your name.

There you go
    You can't control everything in life....... your hair was put on your head to remind you of that

Proud to be BSC no. 103
    • poorandindenial
    • By poorandindenial 12th Feb 08, 6:53 PM
    • 4,072 Posts
    • 5,285 Thanks
    poorandindenial
    • 12th Feb 08, 6:53 PM
    • 12th Feb 08, 6:53 PM
    Hi there

Here is one that was posted on a thread a while back (see post 2 for main letter and then post 8 for additional info (this one was about calls at work but you can just leave out bits that refer to work)

Link

Good luck getting some peace and quiet back
    £34,547 (Dec 07); Current debt: £zilch (Debt free December 2010)
    Sealed Pot #389 (2010=£133)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

1,815Users online

Martin's Twitter