Ryanair's flights sale. Over 25 destinations for a fiver each way, incl. all taxes

12 February 2008

What's the deal?

No frills (and I mean no frills) budget airline Ryanair has another flight sale on; this time journeys are a fiver each way, including all taxes and charges; though not booking, baggage and check-in fees (see later).

When you can go?

Flights must be taken between 23 Feb and 30 Apr '08 (excluding 19-26 Mar) and you must book before Thurs 14 February to get them.

How to speedily find these flights

In a nutshell, use the FlightChecker, a special free tool I had built deliberately to find budget airline special offers. It works by you entering the maximum price you’re willing to pay including taxes and charges, your preferred airports plus a date range, and then it finds the flights for you.

Follow these steps....
  • Select the airport you'd like to depart from
  • Select a date range within the promotional period
  • Tick the 'any destinations' box.
  • Select flights UNDER £6
Do that and a list of all £5 flights appears, giving you various destination options. Once you've picked where to travel to from the list of results, visit Ryanair and check out the total price including charges.

Warning! Heavy demand may mean the flightchecker slows down

The 'any destination' search takes a huge amount of server resource, so if lots of people from the weekly e-mail (which is now received by nearly 1.8 million people) do this, it's likely to cause some slow down. Please be patient and don't keep reclicking - that just makes it worse.

WHEN YOU FIND A £5 FLIGHT...
Please report it by clicking reply to help other MoneySavers

Which flights are available under this promotion?
  • Book before the end of Thurs 14 February.
  • Flights must depart between 23 Feb & 30 Apr '08: excluding flights between 19 Mar & 26 Mar '08. All school breaks and major sporting event periods are excluded too.
  • Departs from: Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Doncaster (Sheffield), Durham (Tees Valley), East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow (Preswick), Inverness, Leeds Bradford, Liverpool John Lennon, London (Gatwick, Luton & Stansted), Manchester and Newcastle.
  • Destinations include: Alghero, Barcelona, Cork, Dublin, Eindhoven, Frankfurt, Gdansk, Hamburg, Marseille Province, Nanates, Parma, Riga, Santiago de Compostela, Toulon St Tropez, Valencia, Zadar and more.

The promotion details are listed here.
WARNING! Ryanair charges you to check baggage in!

Sadly while the main flight is cheap... there are other additional charges. The cheapest way to travel with it - is only take handluggage.

1. You pay £3 to check in, unless you only have hand luggage and check in online.

2. You pay £6 for your first checked-in bag provided you pre-book it or £12 per checked-in bag that you haven’t pre-booked. Take more than one bag and you’ll pay £12 for the second, regardless of how you book.

3. You pay £3 to pay on a credit card, £1 on a debit card, Visa electron payments are free.

Martin

Get other flights as cheap as possible

If you're looking for other flights please read the main ‘Cheap Flight Finding’ article.

Cheap Travel Insurance, Carbon Offsetting & Overseas Spending

Read the Travel Insurance Cost Cutting & Cheapest Way To Spend Overseas articles. Plus see the 'Carbon Offsetting' section of the cheap flights article.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• mobilez
    mobilez Posts: 66 Forumite
    Flying from Manchester -> Dublin, I found the following £5 flights:

Feb: 26th 27th 28th
    March: 1st 3rd 4th 7th 8th 10th 11th 12th 13th 17th 18th 19th 20th 21st 25th 26th 27th 28th 29th
    April: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th 14th 15th 16th 17th 18th 19th 21st 22nd 23rd 26th 28th 29th 30th

:) Mobilez
  • mobilez
    mobilez Posts: 66 Forumite
    Flying from Dublin -> Manchester, I found the following £5 flights:

Feb: 26th 27th 28th
    March: 3rd 4th 5th 6th 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th 15th 17th 18th 19th 20th 23th 24th 26th 27th
    April: 1st 2nd 7th 8th 9th 10th 13th 14th 15th 16th 17th 19th 21st 22nd 23rd 26th 28th 29th 30th

:) Mobilez
  • can these cheap flights be had to more warmer places?
  • klb_3
    klb_3 Posts: 2,156 Forumite
    Why can't I find the Ryanair flight from Liverpool to Stockholm S. Skavsta (NYO), Sweden on the FlightChecker?
  • JCP123
    JCP123 Posts: 12
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I can see it advertised on the ryanair website and it even tells me my departure and arrival airports arein teh £8 fare but whatever dates I do it comes up with £48 total including taxes etc!! There is no way to contact them without spending a fortune on the phone - how annoying!!!
    :mad:
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    can these cheap flights be had to more warmer places?

Salou, Spain (reus airport)

The easiest way to find the £10 return flights is to go to Ryanair site and at the top of the page click on "find lowest fares"

Put in your home airport and where you want to go.
    Then for the dates put in a 20 day period, NO LATER THAN 30th April.
    It will then come up with a load of flights
    what you are looking for are the 1p REG fare flights.
    These are the ones that come up £10 with the taxes added.
    After that there may be more to pay depending on check-in,baggage,etc.
  • Very frustrating to keep reading these cheap seat sales only to find out that if you live in the wilderness that is anywhere outside London.....these £5.00 fares don't actually ever exist. :mad:

Might be worth just including that info in the original notes Martin.....and save us non southern softies the time we spend doing the search.
  • HI I also live up north and find that if you combine these flights with cheap rail fares you still get a very good deal. I found a Yorkshire to Stanstead deal for £16, althoguh this was last year...but it pays to check this out
  • I got 5 seats RETURN to Barcelona in April for £90! Flying from Bristol!!
    I too had expected to have to travel well out of our way but not the case!

I used the flight checker before seeing this in the email. Im well pleased
    Cant beat it!:T
    DFW £10923 (nov2014)
  • bushcaro
    bushcaro Posts: 542 Forumite
    Have you booked accom in Barcelona - if so with whom please or will it be a day trip - is that poss?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure