Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Holeypockets
    • By Holeypockets 3rd Feb 08, 12:14 PM
    • 453Posts
    • 231Thanks
    Holeypockets
    Moneysaving whilst multi-tasking.
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:14 PM
    Moneysaving whilst multi-tasking. 3rd Feb 08 at 12:14 PM
    A typical frantic sunday for me, but I have just thought about what actualy goes on during my Sunday and wondered how it compares with other DFWs.

I have hired my car out for the day because I didn't need it - so am making a little bit there. I have the printer going at full speed printing some things I sell on Ebay so making a little there. I have the washing machine on, the dishwasher on, the tumble dryer on, I am cooking the roast and in-between am ironing the weeks clothes too - so no-doubt using a fair wedge of electricity. On top of all the the kids are cooking in the kitchen and I am in and out watching over them too.

The best bit is by me doing all this it enables the wife to work and earn a decent amount.

Very busy day for me. And they say men cannot multi-task!

Page 1
  • Sola
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:18 PM
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:18 PM
    Can we clone you please?
  • bank_of_slate
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:22 PM
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:22 PM
    *sneaks all her ironing onto Holeypockets pile hoping she doesn't notice the extra tonne of clothes!*
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
    • Holeypockets
    • By Holeypockets 3rd Feb 08, 12:23 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Holeypockets
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:23 PM
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:23 PM
    Moneysaving in a family - like marriage - is all abut teamwork

• poorandindenial
    • By poorandindenial 3rd Feb 08, 12:26 PM
    • 4,072 Posts
    • 5,285 Thanks
    poorandindenial
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:26 PM
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:26 PM
    *sneaks all her ironing onto Holeypockets pile hoping she doesn't notice the extra tonne of clothes!*
    ...Linda xx
    Originally posted by bank_of_slate
    Er I think Holeypockets is a he but good sneak.

Personally I just don't iron in fact I use my mini ironing board as my in bed computer table - works like a dream.
    £34,547 (Dec 07); Current debt: £zilch (Debt free December 2010)
    Sealed Pot #389 (2010=£133)
  • bank_of_slate
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:36 PM
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:36 PM
    Well why was he trying on my bra from the ironing pile then?
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
    • poorandindenial
    • By poorandindenial 3rd Feb 08, 12:38 PM
    • 4,072 Posts
    • 5,285 Thanks
    poorandindenial
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:38 PM
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:38 PM
    Man boobs??
  • doodledo
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:39 PM
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:39 PM
    So when OH told me men can't iron he was fibbing !
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
    • Holeypockets
    • By Holeypockets 3rd Feb 08, 12:59 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Holeypockets
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:59 PM
    • 3rd Feb 08, 12:59 PM
    "Man boobs??" - Damn rumbled!

I am not the best ironer, but it's good enough.

• bank_of_slate
    They can iron, it just takes them the same time to do 1 shirt as it takes me to do the whole family's!
    ...Linda xx
  • sallyx
    I definatley need a clone of you...or can you have a word with my not so helpful DH
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
    • poorandindenial
    • By poorandindenial 3rd Feb 08, 1:09 PM
    • 4,072 Posts
    • 5,285 Thanks
    poorandindenial
    Sorry Holey, I possibly meant very well developed pecs??
    • Holeypockets
    • By Holeypockets 3rd Feb 08, 1:13 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Holeypockets
    well developed pecs sounds much better.

I admit I have made a few domestic mistakes. Like once chucking a white towel in with a load of dark jeans. I have also tumbled dried the odd jumper!! Ironing is not too difficult but it annoys me when the kids don't put their clothes away after I have ironed them - makes it a waste of time. I was surprised that when you iron tops you have to iron both the back and front - I always thought the heat of ironing one side would be enough to get the creases out on the other - I guess thats a mans logic.

• Holeypockets
    • By Holeypockets 3rd Feb 08, 1:15 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Holeypockets
    One thing I cannot seem to iron properly is fitted sheets - can anyone advise?

• Sassamac
    you could hire yourself out to train other men in housework duties. that'd earn you a few extra quid.
    Sunday is domestic day in my house too. Im cooking and baking to save buying prepared food and save time cooking during the week.
    • tesuhoha
    • By tesuhoha 3rd Feb 08, 1:25 PM
    • 16,857 Posts
    • 44,158 Thanks
    tesuhoha
    Why arent you hanging the washing on the line? Its dry and sunny here.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• bank_of_slate
    Why on earth would you iron a fitted sheet?
    as soon as it's dry, stick it straight back on the bed.
    Don't put it on while it's warm from the dryer though or you'll be prising comatose cats off it all day.
    ...Linda xx
    • vonph1
    • By vonph1 3rd Feb 08, 1:34 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 265 Thanks
    vonph1
    One thing I cannot seem to iron properly is fitted sheets - can anyone advise?
    Originally posted by Holeypockets
    Ummmmm just don't iron them??
    They just get creased anyway!
    • Holeypockets
    • By Holeypockets 3rd Feb 08, 1:39 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Holeypockets
    ok, i am fighting a losing battle ironing a fitted sheet - the ironing bit wasn't too bad - its folding it afterwards. I was folding it to put back in the airing cupboard - not on the bed then I thought who will see the creases so have abandonded. I now have to tidy the kitchen again - kids made a right mess. Getting there though.

• Numpty Monkey
    • By Numpty Monkey 3rd Feb 08, 1:43 PM
    • 13,384 Posts
    • 29,768 Thanks
    Numpty Monkey
    :confused:

whats ironing? :rolleyes:
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm & for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,520Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin