Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Whitefiver
    • By Whitefiver 9th Jul 05, 3:53 PM
    • 589Posts
    • 407Thanks
    Whitefiver
    easiyo yogurt maker any good? or make your own? (merged)
    • 9th Jul 05, 3:53 PM
    easiyo yogurt maker any good? or make your own? (merged) 9th Jul 05 at 3:53 PM
    Hi folks,

I recently been taking a pot of Greek Yoghurt, with fruit to work as part of my lunch. (Nice with honey too - of course.)

However, I was thinking of buying an Easiyo system to make it at home. After buying the kit this then works out at 1.59 per litre (or kilo?) of yoghurt, and is supposed to be idiot proof.

Before I spash out, please does anyone have a *foolproof* method of making greek-style yoghurt with ordinary domestic equipment that they would like to share? I really would like to start making my own...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

White.
Page 59
    • JennyP
    • By JennyP 12th Jan 18, 2:57 PM
    • 931 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    JennyP
    The temperature is crucial. I had some lumpy goes! It was the milk being too hot!
    • Farway
    • By Farway 12th Jan 18, 4:09 PM
    • 6,228 Posts
    • 9,940 Thanks
    Farway
    The temperature is crucial. I had some lumpy goes! It was the milk being too hot!
    Originally posted by JennyP
    I had to buy a thermometer when I started, glad I did now

I've just had one of my little pots, with honey stirred in. Delicious, worth making just for that
    • purpleivy
    • By purpleivy 12th Jan 18, 6:59 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 20,723 Thanks
    purpleivy
    I've had an easyYo in the past, but the sachets were fiendishly expensive and seemed to go out of date quickly. t

I got an Instant Pot a while ago and been making my own from that. It's not as thick as commercially produced yogurts, but the beautiful mild taste is superior and I can make it as required. I get an occasional small pot of yogurt to use as a starter, but most of the time use some from the previous batch as an inoculate.
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
    Trying not to waste food!
    • Clodhopper
    • By Clodhopper 14th Apr 18, 6:55 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Clodhopper
    Easiyo Yogurt maker
    Hi, I got my easiyo from a charity shop for about 4 and they quite often have them, you could also ask on freecycle if anyone has one tucked away.
    I haven;t used the sachest though,m too expensive. But I've tried using a premade yogurt from supermaket and UHT milk with dried milk powder, sometimes comes out good often seperated, and so I gave up.
    Trying to avoid the sugar content you have in the shop bought natural yogurts. why the have to put it in beats me.
    I have used a bell electric yogurt make in the past with success, but I had Eden Vale yogurt as a starter, but that's no longer available.
    Quite a job I find, and so disappointing when you get a sour or runny separated mess in your flask.
    I can buy unpasteurised (raw) milk direct from the farm, and may have another go. Can't remember how it came out last time.
    This contact about yogurt has all come about as I saw a bell yogurt maker with missing lids going free on freecycle.
    Last edited by Clodhopper; 14-04-2018 at 7:06 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,927Posts Today

9,135Users online

Martin's Twitter