Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jessicamb
    • By jessicamb 12th Jan 08, 7:44 PM
    • 10,066Posts
    • 5,985Thanks
    jessicamb
    Combi Microwave Recipes
    • 12th Jan 08, 7:44 PM
    Combi Microwave Recipes 12th Jan 08 at 7:44 PM
    Hi Old-Stylers

I've had a bit of a search and frankly I'm a bit let down

I can't find a surplus of recipes to test in my (fairly) new combi-oven. The ones I could find were for meringues and cakes - which I shouldn't read as that is not why the purchase was made in the first place

So if nobody minds and Pink can't magically find a replica would folks mind a combi-oven recipe thread? I guess all the cooking times would depend on specific models but maybe they would provide a starting point :confused:

I don't really want to buy another cookery from Amazon if I can help it as I'm at book critical mass

Anyway my first contribution:

Oven Chips

(excuse for this not being healthy/nutritious: I don't feel very well today)

Chuck frozen chips on tray,

Micro/Grill combination for 8 minutes - turn over half way through cooking

These were crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle which is much better than I can get them in the oven. I was pleasantly surprised - nothing like those horrible mccain micro chip ones.

I plan to try brownies soon.

Anybody got any destructions for proper food?
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
Page 2
  • eas
    Daewoo Combination Microwave
    I used to have a Sharp Combi which was a doddle to use. I have had the Daewoo for over five years now and only used the micro function as I do not understand how to programme the combi function. The recipe book gives Combi 1 thro' to 5 - Combi 1 is suitable for cakes etc but the micro is set to 60% or less (so is this 'medium' or what), and what degree centigrade or F is Combi 1?

Confused
    EAS
    • NevMeg
    • By NevMeg 28th Dec 09, 4:38 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NevMeg
    Bread Recipe for a Combi Microwave
    Come on now who out there has got a recipe for me?
  • Espargal
    Recipes 2008.
    Oven fried chicken.

(I can't vouch for this one - I haven't tried it, mainly cos I haven't a clue what almond nibs are:confused:.)

100g plain flour
    100g melted marg
    1 egg
    150ml milk
    125g almond nibs (whatever they are - anyone?)
    1 tbs baking powder
    2 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp salt
    750g-1kg chicken pieces.

Beat egg and milk together in a bowl.
    Combine dry ingredients in a plastic bag.
    Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then shake them in the bag to coat.

Arrange chicken on metal tray of microwave and dual cook for 15 mins 250 C/Med.
    Originally posted by vivaladiva
    Hi many thanks for the combi recipes. I know they were posted along time ago but I was very pleased to find them as I have just purchased a combi microwave and the manual is woeful, although I love the machine.
    Almond nibs are finely chopped almonds, but I am sure after all these years you know that. The recipe sounds good.
  • azureblue
    Did anyone ever come up with a combi bread recipe? I've just got a new panasonic and was watching the bread community store programme on BBC2 this week and it made me really want to have a go.
    Cheers
  • spike7451
    Combi microwave recipies...
    While looking for a browning plate online for my microwave,I happened upon this website with some recepies on it including samosa's that can be cooked in the nuker!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/50867645/The-Combination-Microwave-Cook-Annette-Yates-Caroline-Young
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 18th Jun 12, 11:58 AM
    • 17,431 Posts
    • 40,365 Thanks
    Pink.
    Hi spike,

As your thread has dropped down the board I've added it to the main thread on combi microwave recipes.

You might find some advice to help on these threads too:

help how do I use my new combi microwave

Can I really cook just with a combi microwave?

Pink
  • spike7451
    Hi spike,

As your thread has dropped down the board I've added it to the main thread on combi microwave recipes.

You might find some advice to help on these threads too:

help how do I use my new combi microwave

Can I really cook just with a combi microwave?

Pink
    Originally posted by Pink-winged
    Thanks,I'll need them as I tried sausages in the combi for the first time & they came out looking like something that came out of a dogs bum!!
    • Sequeena
    • By Sequeena 18th Jun 12, 10:32 PM
    • 4,260 Posts
    • 18,097 Thanks
    Sequeena
    I've got a combi microwave oven and never used it other than to heat stuff up. I'll give some of these recipes a go, thanks!
    Wife and mother
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - 42.78 | week 2 - 53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
    • DebbieR
    • By DebbieR 4th Aug 12, 4:55 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 499 Thanks
    DebbieR
    Thanks for this thread. I've just bought a new combi grill/oven/microwave after my 20 year old Matsui gave up on me. I've had it a month now and have been baffled as to how to cook anything other than baked potatoes in it - the manual is very basic, I don't know why the manufacturers can't provide a recipe book. I'm looking forward to trying out a few recipes this weekend
    • Deeanor
    • By Deeanor 29th Jan 14, 2:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Deeanor
    CREAMY CHICKEN GRATIN (1000W combi)

350g (12 oz) leeks, trimmed
    25g (1oz) butter
    30mil (2 tbsp) plain flour
    300ml (1/2 pint milk)
    225g (8oz) cooked chicken, chopped
    100g (4oz) ham, chopped
    175g (6oz) Gruyere cheese, grated
    4 frozen individual garlic slices

Slice leeks and place in large bowl with the butter.
    Cover and cook on HIGH power for 3-4 mins (until softened)
    Add flour and mix well.
    Stir in milk and heat on HIGH power for 4-5 mins or until thickened
    Stir halfway through.
    Add the chicken, ham and cheese then season and mix well
    Pour into dish and top with the garlic bread slices.
    Cook on COMBINATION: CONVECTION 220C+ LOW for 10-15 mins.
    • Deeanor
    • By Deeanor 29th Jan 14, 3:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Deeanor
    Coq au vin
    COQ AU VIN (use metal tray)

4 Chicken portions (approx 1.2kg) (2 1/2 lbs)
    5ml (1tsp) mixed herbs
    Salt and pepper
    100g (4oz) streaky bacon
    100g (4oz) button mushrooms
    1 clove garlic crushed
    450g (1lb) whole shallots
    30ml (2 tbsp) brandy
    300ml (1/2 pint) red wine
    300ml (1/2 pint chicken stock
    15ml (1 tbsp) cornflour

Place all ingrediants in casserole dish.
    Cover and cook on Combination : Convection 160C+WARM power for 1hr 10mins, stir halfway through.
    Remove skin from chicken pieces and skim off any excess fat.
    Thicken using a little cornflour mixed with water.
    Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
    • Bruizer1st
    • By Bruizer1st 11th Mar 18, 7:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bruizer1st
    Hi, I'm the same just bought a really good breville combination microwave but there's no recipes, if you have learnt any can you please Share as I'm sitting here waiting on my baked potatoes cooking !!!128580; think I'm doing them wrong an hour and 20 mins I've had them in
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,040Posts Today

5,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin