Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 246
    • Ki101416
    • By Ki101416 7th May 18, 3:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ki101416
    That should say I DONT physically have a card
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th May 18, 3:34 PM
    • 19,722 Posts
    • 21,102 Thanks
    zx81
    You generally can't BT store cards.

You may need a money transfer option.
    • tyler brunt
    • By tyler brunt 31st May 18, 12:22 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    tyler brunt
    Hello, i was wondering if anyone could help me with my current situation, I have an outstanding balance of just under £1000 on a Barclays credit card, I don't seem to be getting very far with my repayments so I read about a balance transfer process to potentially an interest-free credit card, I am currently a full-time university student with a part-time, where is best place to start looking? any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    • PANCAKE
    • By PANCAKE 8th Jun 18, 7:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PANCAKE
    fab
    Need to transfer debt to another credit card,asap but Ive got bad credit out of work at the moment,
    been turned down alot on credit on line check,but need o per cent for at least 2 years,
    please help
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 8th Jun 18, 11:58 AM
    • 8,789 Posts
    • 10,069 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Need to transfer debt to another credit card,asap but Ive got bad credit out of work at the moment,
    been turned down alot on credit on line check,but need o per cent for at least 2 years,
    please help
    Originally posted by PANCAKE
    0% cards wouldn't generally be available to those with bad credit, so your options are likely to be heavily limited as you've already found.

Steps worth taking, if you haven't already....

Check your credit files with all three providers to ensure that there's nothing inaccurate there that'll hinder your chances unnecessarily: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/check-free-credit-report

Use the MSE eligibility calculator to find out which cards you're most likely to be accepted for: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/eligibility/credit-cards/

Depending on the results of this, and the number of applications you've already made, you may be able to make one or two more applications.

Even if you can't get a 0% card, you may be able to get one with lower interest than you're currently paying.

However, if you can't get hold of a card that works for you then that really just leaves the two primary means of sorting out debt, i.e. earn more or spend less, which you'd have to do anyway at some point (in that a 0% BT would just defer the inevitable). Head over to the debt-free wannabe board for guidance on how to get out of your current situation: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 8th Jun 18, 2:22 PM
    • 788 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    please help
    Originally posted by PANCAKE
    There are a few BT cards for people with bad credit. Capital One offer 6 months at 0%, which I managed to get a few times, when my credit history was looking pretty poor. As do Aqua. You won't get 2 years, though. Long term, low interest cards could be a potential option.

However, if you're not getting a regular income, the chances of you being accepted are pretty much zero, I'm afraid.
    • kamb1ng
    • By kamb1ng 15th Jun 18, 5:58 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    kamb1ng
    Is there any downside to repaying credit card money transfer very quickly? I'm talking about 1-2 days after the transfer was made.

The transfer had zero arrangement fee with 4% APR, so the interest rate impact is minimal after 1-2 days.

Thank you.
    • lped1
    • By lped1 10th Sep 18, 2:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lped1
    Help, applied for a balance transfer card with BofS, got accepted then tried to transfer my Next account. Then found out this isnt doable? Can this be right? Why does a Next card not count as a store card or has the adviser from my bank got it wrong?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Sep 18, 2:50 PM
    • 19,722 Posts
    • 21,102 Thanks
    zx81
    Most store cards don't accept BTs.

You need a money transfer card, although I believe you can also pay via a card, so could use a 0% puchase offer.
    • lped1
    • By lped1 10th Sep 18, 3:50 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lped1
    Thanks for your reply, How certain are you that I could do this as a purchase? I've had one BofS adviser tell me i could do the balance transfer, then it turned out I couldn't advised me to close that card apply for a balance transfer and purchases card. When I phoned to do this the adviser told me that that wouldn't work either because it would be a cash transaction (as if id withdrawn cash from my card) and as such would incur a fee and interest. So ive been on an online chat with another adviser today and they've told me I could do it as a purchase. I'm so confused now.....help.

PS I should add i've checked the Next account payment options and you can pay by credit card. So if this is the case why would it go through to the bank as anything other than a purchase. I feel like the adviser is wrong but don't want to proceed if im left with something thats no use to me?
    Last edited by lped1; 10-09-2018 at 3:52 PM.
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 10th Sep 18, 3:53 PM
    • 1,836 Posts
    • 1,419 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Can you ask them to put that in writing?...or save a screenshot of the online chat?...that you way you have evidence of the advice should they then charge as a cash advance...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• zx81
    • By zx81 10th Sep 18, 3:53 PM
    • 19,722 Posts
    • 21,102 Thanks
    zx81
    I've never made a card payment to Next, but several people have confirmed on here that it's treated as a purchase.
    • Ezorqs
    • By Ezorqs 9th Oct 18, 7:33 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Ezorqs
    It says that these deals are getting shorter. Yet I swear they've never been higher than 30 months!
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Oct 18, 7:38 PM
    • 19,722 Posts
    • 21,102 Thanks
    zx81
    There's some at 34 months at present.

There were 36 month ones previously.
    • Tedandmeg
    • By Tedandmeg 25th Oct 18, 2:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tedandmeg
    Hi

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, I currently have 3 credit cards on 0% deals however one of cards has just ran out and Iím now on a standard interest of 22% apr. The debt on this card is around £11000, Iíve tried to transfer it to another 0% card or one of my other existing cards at a lower rate but I canít get any more credit due to be credit score as my debt to income is too high, this is due to me being on maternity leave and my work pattern changing from full time to part time so my incomes reduced massively. Any help that anyone could give would be appreciated, I donít even know if I could get a loan to pay it off. Anyone had a similar problem? Thanks
    • ex-dmp
    • By ex-dmp 12th Dec 18, 9:52 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    ex-dmp
    Barclaycard 2yr 0% interest 0% fee
    Got offered and accepted a Barclaycard BT deal via Clearscore very recently
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,807Posts Today

7,176Users online

Martin's Twitter