PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

alien gloop on kids clothing or carpet

Comments

• wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Have you tried using an ice cube like you would for chewing gum?

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/8-25-2005-75468.asp
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • I really sympathise as we had a similar problem with the evil stuff:mad: I tried wetting the patch with warm water/vinegar and keeping it continually damp under a moist tea towel. Then I scraped gently from the outside edges towards the centre with a teaspoon, each time I did it a small amount of the gunk would come away until eventually it was pretty much all gone. I can still see a very slight difference in the 'pile' though, where it was scraped but that is mainly because I know it was there. good luck :)
    Nothing in it, nothing in it but a ribbon round it .....
  • My daughters latest craze is those flippin aliens in goo.

crikey - that takes me back to when mine were small and aliens were last around *shudder smilie*

we have an existing thread on getting this goo out of clothing, so I'll merge this to see if there are any more suggestions for you.

good luck!
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • miaoww
    miaoww Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi guys - my DS had one of the growing alien egg things with gooey stuff inside which i have just found has expolded and dripped onto the carpet! any ideas of what i can use to remove it tried to pick it off but its quiet liquid and sticky - also to top it off the carpet is cream!
    BR as of 14/1/2009
    Discharged Oct 2009
    BC 24
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    yeah - I had the same prob with one of the grandchildrens' aliens! scrape up as much goo as you can - then put a bag of ice on the stain - leave about ten minutes then check to see if the remains have solidified! scrape them up! keep going until you think you have it all scraped up. if the goo was coloured then the prob is getting the stain out (I had a nice neon blue on an oatmeal carpet!). I used ordinary soap and it did get most of the stain out, and neat stardrops worked in with a nailbrush, then rinsed and rinsed again lifted the rest off!
  • lollyfin
    lollyfin Posts: 299 Forumite
    Dont you just love kids stuff..not. Alien goo on carpets, play doh dried into carpets, crayons on radiators and my personal fave the tiny bits of lego left so you stand on them with bare feet!
    The only thing I can think of to do with the goo is put a towel on it then stand on it to absorb as much as possible then sprinkle it with bicarb of soda leave overnight to absorb the rest or you could try this from a self sufficience cleaning book
    dissolve 125g borax in 1 litre of hot water apply with a stiff brush working from the outside of the stain in and dont saturate the carpet just dampen then stand on the stain with towels again
    I havent tried this so dont know how it will work but would def patch test somewhere you cant see first
    konMarie and fabbing all the way
    Weight loss challenge starting 11st loss in November 4lb
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Maybe a few more ideas here... google remove alien goo
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    would you believe we have an alien goo thread??!?!! :rotfl:Ive merged yours with it so you can read back for other ideas

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Thanks to this thread I think I have saved my 3-year-old's new dress. She filled the pocket with alien goo, sticking the sides together. I soaked it in undiluted white vinegar which seemed to disintegrate it, and washed it by hand. Seems to be ok now, though it's not dry yet. Those alien eggs are a menace!
    PPI on Natwest loan, Barclayloan, MBNA credit card, and Mortgagecare all repaid just for asking in 2012/2013!

Barclaycard - PPI refund refused 26/01/13, ombudsman upheld 12 May 2014, Barclays resisted until March 2015 - FOS say Barclays are calculating an offer, they have 8 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure