Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    capercaillie
    Kybotech Ltd
    • 28th Dec 07, 12:51 PM
    Kybotech Ltd 28th Dec 07 at 12:51 PM
    Just had to warn people of the company before anyone else bought from them. They are mentioned in quite a few messages/threads [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]. No review-type website has anything good to say about them. You do of course get the odd individual who seems to have had a reasonable experience, but I hasten to add, they probably have been very lucky and/or not had dealings with the customer service (or lack of it) side of things.

They do not specifically go under the name Kybotech (BEWARE!), but these: http://www.kybotech.co.uk/ConsumerRetailBrands
    I have had the misfortune to have dealt with them first hand. Once for an expensive 'Walton' shed (that I regret, both with the experience I had with getting hold of the correct parts and the build quality) and a set of garden furniture - which I subsequently cancelled due to excess charges they wanted for delivery (the shed I had was a lot larger - 12' x 10' and heavier, but no extra charge required there )

Before I go, check these out:

I have now finally removed the 3 links today (22 June 2010), Kybotech will be glad to hear, for the reasons mentioned below. Make up your own mind, it comes down to manipulation of facts and feedback of some dodgy people.....

I have just checked these links today (24 May 08). BUYERS BEWARE!! It's amazing, through the time this thread has progressed, how many people have made comments about how fantastic (Joke!) Kybotech have become! - UTTER TOSH! It must be said that the majority have only ever posted one comment since joining that particular forum (which I find rather strange) and they are all dated from around the same time. I would hate to think it would have something to do with the fact that when Kybotech is 'Googled' this thread is third from the top of the first page. Quite interesting really. One last thing. Before this thread was created there was very little in the way of ' Kybotech Comments' in the above-mentioned sites - now there are lots and lots - mostly positive. I'll leave you to decide why.

Please read on............... dont forget to read ALL comments/posts
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 02-09-2014 at 9:55 AM. Reason: pending investigation
Page 22
    • JayP1967
    • By JayP1967 27th Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JayP1967
    BiilyOh summerhouse
    I have had the misfortune to purchase a summerhouse from this company. Without boring anyone with the full details I will say the construction and quality of the product is a joke and sub-standard. Nothing fits, gaps everywhere, doors don't fit etc.
    I have complained and send the details over to their service desk but despite them promising me a reply within 24 hours I am still waiting. I have paid nearly 800 for a pile of firewood.
    Any help advice would be greatly appreciated as I want my money back.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 27th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    • 18,651 Posts
    • 15,584 Thanks
    wealdroam
    I have had the misfortune to purchase a summerhouse from this company. Without boring anyone with the full details I will say the construction and quality of the product is a joke and sub-standard. Nothing fits, gaps everywhere, doors don't fit etc.
    I have complained and send the details over to their service desk but despite them promising me a reply within 24 hours I am still waiting. I have paid nearly 800 for a pile of firewood.
    Any help advice would be greatly appreciated as I want my money back.
    Originally posted by JayP1967
    Did you pay by card? Hopefully a credit card?

Have a read of MSE's Section 75 article and/or MSE's Chargeback document.
    • jedi-masta
    • By jedi-masta 2nd Aug 18, 2:50 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jedi-masta
    Another misfortune for them
    So,

I purchased a BillyOh Shed and it should have stated "does not include doors". Soon as it turned up I semi counted the items and decided to make a start on building the thing. Quality wasn't the best but I thought "you get what you pay for"......how wrong was I.

Anyway, getting the sides up etc and it transpired that I had one too many less parts. Contacted them (or the generic call center offshore which is very apparent) to be apologized to and told that they will arrange for the missing parts to be shipped out ASAP. No "sorry but we can't or anything" but "rest assured Mr Parmar you will get an email advising on delivery times as this is urgent and we will ensure to get the missing items out ASAP. So I decided to continue building the shed.

2 days later I get an email;
    "Dear Mr Parmar,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We are sorry to inform you that as of the moment we do not hold a stock for the spare parts for your order but we can offer you 10% partial refund off of the whole amount of your order if you are willing to keep the item.

Please let us know on how you want us to proceed.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Should you need further assistance, you may access your own account by clicking the dodgy link we have below - removed.

Partial refund??? On a Barn??? If I wanted a Barn I would have bought a Barn. What I paid for was a shed!!!

So, I decided to call them and tell them what I thought of their email and the fact that it was 2 days too late to be told "sorry bud we only sell Barns and we have no doors left in stock"

I have since then been going back and forth about whether I'm going to be taking the 'Barn' down for them to collect. Will I heck.

They were very quick to point me to their T&C's about the whole collection of the item, which is purely a copy and paste template and no where does it state that I need to be taking it down for them to collect. I've told them they can arrange for the installation team to come down and dismantle and collect it themselves as I am now going to go through my Bank to arrange a refund for not purchasing a item that's 100% as per it's advert. I also think they forget that there's such a thing as a Consumer Act.

Another Pickle Slicer getting ready to slice pickles.
    • jedi-masta
    • By jedi-masta 2nd Aug 18, 2:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jedi-masta
    This is the greatest last response I've had from them.....I don't think they could remind me anymore times that their driver is merely a driver....

"Dear Mr Parmar,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Regarding the collection of the order, it needs to be dismantled by yourselves because our driver will not proceed without the item ready for collection.

Once again we would like to take this opportunity to say sorry. This really is rare for us, but we take any issues with our customer's orders seriously."

I like their "really rare for us" comment too....bit like my missing doors I suppose ;-)
    • Exemplar
    • By Exemplar 2nd Aug 18, 5:17 PM
    • 1,180 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Exemplar
    Just for information these people are literally 10 minutes from me, happy to get parts for people if interested! Also they seem to have a quite high turnover of staff as always advertising! And lastly seeing the way that some of their staff drive I'm not surprised things are missing/ damaged!
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 2nd Aug 18, 9:55 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 12,308 Thanks
    hollydays
    This is the greatest last response I've had from them.....I don't think they could remind me anymore times that their driver is merely a driver....

"Dear Mr Parmar,

Regarding the collection of the order, it needs to be dismantled by yourselves because our driver will not proceed without the item ready for collection.

Once again we would like to take this opportunity to say sorry. This really is rare for us, but we take any issues with our customer's orders seriously."

I like their "really rare for us" comment too....bit like my missing doors I suppose ;-)
    Originally posted by jedi-masta
    Do they mean it's rare for them to say sorry?
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 3rd Aug 18, 2:47 AM
    • 1,390 Posts
    • 865 Thanks
    grayme-m

"Dear Mr Parmar,

Originally posted by jedi-masta
    How long does it take to dismantle a shed?

Certainly not advising it, but I've since it in the past in minutes, but then again I was having a bonfire.

Sometimes you have to weigh up things to be spent arguing with time just doing and in this case I think you have to suck it up that you've wasted time on building and dismantling a crock of poo, to get your money back?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
    • JeanJeannie
    • By JeanJeannie 8th Aug 18, 11:56 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JeanJeannie
    Thank goodness people are waking up to this excuse for a company! Kybotech also goes under the name of Garden Building Design, and Billy Oh. As I said at the top of this thread we had the misfortune of ordering a Riley summerhouse from them. It arrived on 14 June, with incorrect panels. The quality was absolutely dreadful, broken tongue & Groove, warped panels, cracked wood, nothing would fit properly. We rejected it immediately. They finally collected the pile of wood in July and a refund of 1,304 due to us. Unfortunately because we stupidly allowed our builder Dominic Boorman (Salamander Garden and Landscape) to place the order Kybotech refused to refund this money to us! We told Kybotech that we were concerned our builder was in financial difficulties and that we may not get the refund from him. Despite all this the money went into his account on 25 July. Needless to say we are still waiting for him to put the money into our bank. Now Mr Boorman is not answering emails, phone calls or texts! I know we were stupid to allow him to order on our behalf, an expensive lesson. But Kybotech could not care less about their customers. When my husband asked for a contact number for their CEO the woman hung up on him! All calls are handled offshore. Their offices in UK do not want to know. Their CEO does not answer to customers. Avoid this company like the plague!
    Last edited by JeanJeannie; 08-08-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Typing error
    • Exemplar
    • By Exemplar 8th Aug 18, 12:29 PM
    • 1,180 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Exemplar
    Thank goodness people are waking up to this excuse for a company! Kybotech also goes under the name of Garden Building Design, and Billy Oh. As I said at the top of this thread we had the misfortune of ordering a Riley summerhouse from them. It arrived on 14 June, with incorrect panels. The quality was absolutely dreadful, broken tongue & Groove, warped panels, cracked wood, nothing would fit properly. We rejected it immediately. They finally collected the pile of wood in July and a refund of 1,304 due to us. Unfortunately because we stupidly allowed our builder Dominic Boorman (Salamander Garden and Landscape) to place the order Kybotech refused to refund this money to us! We told Kybotech that we were concerned our builder was in financial difficulties and that we may not get the refund from him. Despite all this the money went into his account on 25 July. Needless to say we are still waiting for him to put the money into our bank. Now Mr Boorman is not answering emails, phone calls or texts! I know we were stupid to allow him to order on our behalf, an expensive lesson. But Kybotech could not care less about their customers. When my husband asked for a contact number for their CEO the woman hung up on him! All calls are handled offshore. Their offices in UK do not want to know. Their CEO does not answer to customers. Avoid this company like the plague!
    Originally posted by JeanJeannie
    Blimey - where does one start with this post?

1) You did not buy your shed from Kybotech - you bought it from your builder
    2) Kybotech have no legal/ moral obligation to either speak or deal with you
    3) Your builder is Kybotech's customer - not you - he will be the only person eligible for a refund
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,691Posts Today

8,544Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin