Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Jan 20, 9:14 PM
    • 63,162Posts
    • 45,601Thanks
    soolin
    Cancellations
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:14 PM
    Cancellations 15th Jan 20 at 9:14 PM
    I used to rarely get many change of mind returns but suddenly I feel inundated. eBay has been very slow for me anyway so cancellations really sting, I had 2 last week alone and just had another (item was bought at lunchtime and is wrapped and ready to go first thing tomorrow) No real reason given just 'I've changed my mind can you please not send this and refund me'.

I've actually started marking things as dispatched as soon as I start preparing my post on the day it's being sent now to see if that puts people off.

At the moment it's only costing me the time spent wrapping and packing items that are not then posted , plus the 30p PayPal fee, but from May (is is May?) it's going to cost me the entire PayPal fee. I don't begrudge PayPal their fee but can't understand why buyers are suddenly changing their mind.
    Last edited by soolin; 15-01-2020 at 9:17 PM.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • Flickering Ember
    • By Flickering Ember 15th Jan 20, 9:33 PM
    • 11,730 Posts
    • 128,907 Thanks
    Flickering Ember
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:33 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:33 PM
    Sorry to hear this Soolin. I did not know about the new rules coming in whereby Paypal keep their entire fee. Do you have more information on this please for those of us who aren't so familiar?
    Flickering Embers grow higher and higher...I need a break and I wanna be a paperback writer!
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Jan 20, 9:49 PM
    • 63,162 Posts
    • 45,601 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:49 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:49 PM
    Sorry to hear this Soolin. I did not know about the new rules coming in whereby Paypal keep their entire fee. Do you have more information on this please for those of us who aren't so familiar?
    Originally posted by Flickering Ember
    It's somewhere in the announcements for last year I can't find the link at the moment. It's already in force in the US.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • zerog
    • By zerog 16th Jan 20, 6:37 AM
    • 2,460 Posts
    • 873 Thanks
    zerog
    • 16th Jan 20, 6:37 AM
    • 16th Jan 20, 6:37 AM
    Interesting, that's good news for me if it prevents sellers changing their minds when they don't get the bids they were hoping for.

Just had another seller list a BIN item (no offers) for 5% under the usual price off ebay. On ebay it would probably get 10% above the normal price if sent to auction. I snapped it up as soon as I saw it, if not me someone else would have bought it within an hour or so. Unsurprisingly the next day I get a refund so neg them. They sent a nasty email which I deleted after reading the first line and blocked.

Then they started calling my ebay phone number which is a premium rate number used exclusively for ebay, they left lots of voicemails totalling nearly 30 mins (which I didn't listen to), so hope they will get a surprise on their next phone bill. If they had been stung for the entire paypal fee too that would have been icing on the cake
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,868Posts Today

5,932Users online

Martin's Twitter