Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • k6chris
    • By k6chris 15th Jan 20, 7:44 PM
    • 525Posts
    • 913Thanks
    k6chris
    Graunching noise when reversing?
    • 15th Jan 20, 7:44 PM
    Graunching noise when reversing? 15th Jan 20 at 7:44 PM
    I have just noticed a graunching noise coming from underneath my 2007 Volvo S80 when reversing. After a little PD, the noise seems to be coming from the rear nearside wheel and can be full recreated without the engine running or car in reverse gear. Fairly sure the noise has only started happening today (as I reverse onto my drive each time and would have noticed it). I'm guessing at a disk problem, but curious as to why it only happens in reverse? Too dark to take the wheel off tonight and have a further look.

Anyone experienced this or know what it could be??

Thanks.
    "For every complicated problem, there is always a simple, wrong answer"
Page 1
    • loskie
    • By loskie 15th Jan 20, 7:46 PM
    • 1,704 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    loskie
    • 15th Jan 20, 7:46 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 7:46 PM
    stone stuck between brake disc and brake shield, had this on my V50 quite often. Flex the brake shield and it will drop out.
    • lexington013
    • By lexington013 15th Jan 20, 8:12 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    lexington013
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:12 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:12 PM
    Could be the brake show lining has deteriorated, some volvos have an issue with this. Could ask on the Volvo owners forum?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,174Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter