Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Katykat
    • By Katykat 15th Jan 20, 5:33 PM
    • 1,642Posts
    • 562Thanks
    Katykat
    Rakuten
    • 15th Jan 20, 5:33 PM
    Rakuten 15th Jan 20 at 5:33 PM
    My new TV (LG) has a button labeled “ movies” It opens up Rakuten TV. I have Prime, Netflix and Sky box sets, so definately dont want another monthly subscription. However, it seems Rakuten is PAYG, not subscription. But whats the general consensus on it? Any good, bad or indifferent opinions? Had a very brief look at the films, there seems to be much variation in the prices. Id think the newer the film, the dearer it is. Not sure about how secure my CC card details would be.
    A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 15th Jan 20, 5:40 PM
    • 35,915 Posts
    • 42,068 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 15th Jan 20, 5:40 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 5:40 PM
    Rakuten took over play.com many years ago .I deleted the app from my LG TV
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Katykat
    • By Katykat 16th Jan 20, 6:48 AM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Katykat
    • 16th Jan 20, 6:48 AM
    • 16th Jan 20, 6:48 AM
    Rakuten took over play.com many years ago .I deleted the app from my LG TV
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    May i ask why?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 16th Jan 20, 7:04 AM
    • 35,915 Posts
    • 42,068 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 16th Jan 20, 7:04 AM
    • 16th Jan 20, 7:04 AM
    I was never going to use it as I have Netflix and Amazon prime

I installed Plex from the LG app store as it has a variety of free films and TV content.

There's also ukplay , CBS catch-up ( on Demand paramount TV Freeview channels ) and horror bites ( on demand content from the horror channel ) all free content

Rakuten is safe to use if you want to sign up
    Last edited by Browntoa; 16-01-2020 at 7:08 AM.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Katykat
    • By Katykat 16th Jan 20, 4:48 PM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Katykat
    • 16th Jan 20, 4:48 PM
    • 16th Jan 20, 4:48 PM
    Is it possible to install the iTunes app on LG tv?
    • almillar
    • By almillar 17th Jan 20, 1:41 PM
    • 8,321 Posts
    • 3,516 Thanks
    almillar
    • 17th Jan 20, 1:41 PM
    • 17th Jan 20, 1:41 PM
    Is it possible to install the iTunes app on LG tv?

iTunes is a desktop app. That's a no. Do you mean the Apple TV app? If Apple decides to write it for LG WebOS, then yes. If not, no. Your TV should have some kind of 'app store' that you should have a look in to see what's available. And keep your TV and apps up to date to see if anything new comes along.
    Apple has in the past been poor at supporting multiple platforms, but since they now want people to subscribe to the Apple TV service, it's in their interest to put that app on as many TVs as possible.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 20th Jan 20, 10:18 AM
    • 35,915 Posts
    • 42,068 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 20th Jan 20, 10:18 AM
    • 20th Jan 20, 10:18 AM
    Apple TV is supported on some newer LG TV.

Go into the app store on your TV and see if it's available
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,244Users online

Martin's Twitter