Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DOMRIDER
    • By DOMRIDER 15th Jan 20, 2:59 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 3Thanks
    DOMRIDER
    Help to buy ISA application - NATWEST
    • 15th Jan 20, 2:59 PM
    Help to buy ISA application - NATWEST 15th Jan 20 at 2:59 PM
    Applied for a help to buy ISA on the 27th of November and because of the backlog decided to hold off contacting customer services to chase the application.

I received two letters in the post which I imagine was to do with the fact I put two applications in due to the fact I wasn't sure it was successfully submitted.

I hadn't heard anything since so upon calling Natwest customer services today with an application number (from a screenshot - I never received a confirmation email) they cannot seem to find any documentation and after 28 days the application expires.

I wanted to see if anybody had a similar experience?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 15th Jan 20, 6:48 PM
    • 944 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    Rich2808
    • 15th Jan 20, 6:48 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 6:48 PM
    You say you got two letters in the post? What did they say - did you comply with the instructions?

If they failed to process your application within the 28 days then that is hardly your fault and you should complain - but if they did and you simply failed to pay any funds in within the 28 day cut off (or failed to return signed forms) that is another matter.

Given the huge volume of applications they got they ought to be flexible - I am sure similar issues arose with other providers. A couple of people posted on here about big delays with opening at HTB isa with Nationwide as well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

22Posts Today

3,768Users online

Martin's Twitter