Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tayla10
    • By tayla10 15th Jan 20, 11:55 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tayla10
    ang
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:55 AM
    ang 15th Jan 20 at 11:55 AM
    hi in 2015 my husband got a parking fine after parking in a carpark behind a row of shops which we went into ,i had people give me advice and everone said ignore it so i did .today 15/12/2020 he recieved a letter from dcbl and at the top of the letter it says Pre Enforcement Letter,it sys he as to pay 169.00 it says he as faild to pay dcbl .on the back of the letter it sys This case is not subject to high court or bailiff action,any advise on what to do ,
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jan 20, 11:59 AM
    • 26,826 Posts
    • 35,098 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:59 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:59 AM
    Read all the other recent DCBL threads of a similar nature , plenty of them on here , follow the same advice of a SAR to the DPO at the parking company , plus telling DCBL to place the matter on hold due to issuing a SAR plus you are seeking debt management advice

The PCN is statute barred after 6 years , hence why these letters are appearing
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Jan 20, 12:07 PM
    • 13,360 Posts
    • 19,230 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:07 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:07 PM
    hi in 2015 my husband got a parking fine after parking in a carpark behind a row of shops which we went into ,i had people give me advice and everone said ignore it so i did .today 15/12/2020 he recieved a letter from dcbl and at the top of the letter it says Pre Enforcement Letter,it sys he as to pay 169.00 it says he as faild to pay dcbl .on the back of the letter it sys This case is not subject to high court or bailiff action,any advise on what to do ,
    Originally posted by tayla10
    The advice to ignore is very outdated

HOWEVER, DCBL have been trying to chase old parking charges and at the same time adding on fake charges. You do not owe 169, it's a fake scam charge that the courts say is abuse of process

So does this letter give 30 days to respond and proof of their claim It should say "LETTER BEFORE CLAIM"

If not it's just a debt collector letter and THAT can be ignored

READ ALL ABOUT THE LATEST SCAM ...... DCBL
    DCBL (Direct Collection Bailiffs)

If you have received a letter from these people, please carefully
    read this thread
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76631816#post76631816

And ABUSE OF PROCESS attempted by DCBL
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jan 20, 12:15 PM
    • 41,885 Posts
    • 92,827 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:15 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:15 PM
    It is not a fine.

The advice to ignore a PCN has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.
    Whoever told you it was okay to ignore needs educating, as do you, by reading the sticky thread for NEWBIES.

As for DCBL, I have just posted this on another thread,

There is no debt unless a judge so orders it.

DCBL and DCB Legal are different parts of the same company. The former are debt collectors whereas the latter are the legal (solicitors and bailiffs) side of the operation.

If the letter is from the debt collection arm there will be a statement saying something they are not acting as court appointed bailiffs. If that is the case then it is safe to ignore.
    If however it is from the legal side then you need to take action.

Debt collectors have absolutely no powers other than to send poor quality bog paper. Post 4 of the NEWBIES tells you why it is safe to ignore them.

What is the name of the PPC please?

Has the keeper complained to the landowner yet?

Has the keeper complained to their MP yet about this unregulated scam?

If the keeper gets a LBC/LoC then read post 2 of the NEWBIES and come back to this thread if you need more help.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 15-01-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • waamo
    • By waamo 15th Jan 20, 12:38 PM
    • 8,750 Posts
    • 12,225 Thanks
    waamo
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:38 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:38 PM
    Was this CP Plus or someone else that issued the ticket?
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,174Posts Today

5,649Users online

Martin's Twitter