Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scottstorch
    • By scottstorch 15th Jan 20, 11:30 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    scottstorch
    Parking ticket, car sold, inform bailiff?
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:30 AM
    Parking ticket, car sold, inform bailiff? 15th Jan 20 at 11:30 AM
    Hi all,

I got a parking ticket. I contested it > rejected > contested again after receiving Notice to Owner, no correspondence... Fast forward 3 months to today - bailiff contacts me saying they're going to visit and I owe 500+.

Entirely coincidentally, I sold that car on Monday. I've sent off the V5 with new owner's details, but I'm worried for the new owner that the car may get clamped if seen parked on the road... So, do I inform the bailiff company that I've sold the car? Or do I just let it go and hope the DVLA process is complete before it's spotted on the street? As far as I'm concerned - the less contact with a bailiff, the better.

Obviously I'm never going to let them in to my property, and I have nothing else outside the confines of my property they can take, so I'm sure they'll give up after a while and send it back to the local council... So my main concern is for the new owner.
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 15th Jan 20, 11:33 AM
    • 8,027 Posts
    • 9,118 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:33 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:33 AM
    Did this case go to court and was a judgment (CCJ) issued? If not, then a bailiff has no right or business contacting you. If a CCJ was issued, did you pay it or apply for a set-aside. Is this in Scotland or England?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jan 20, 11:34 AM
    • 26,600 Posts
    • 43,714 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:34 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:34 AM
    As this forum deals primarily with private parking tickets, not with bailiff issues, you will be best served in dealing with bailiffs/enforcement agents by making contact with 'Bailiff Advice Online'. Sheila, who provides this excellent service, has an extremely good reputation for assisting people with bailiff issues.

Calls and the email enquiry service are free.

Here's your link:

http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk

Sheila also posts on MSE as 'Herbie21'
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • scottstorch
    • By scottstorch 15th Jan 20, 11:41 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    scottstorch
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:41 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:41 AM
    Ah, my apologies - I didn't realise - I thought it was all things parking tickets, bailiffs etc.

Thanks for the info!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jan 20, 11:42 AM
    • 26,600 Posts
    • 43,714 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:42 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:42 AM
    Ah, my apologies - I didn't realise - I thought it was all things parking tickets, bailiffs etc.

Thanks for the info!
    Originally posted by scottstorch
    No worries, and good luck.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,920Posts Today

5,288Users online

Martin's Twitter