Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paula_12
    • By paula_12 15th Jan 20, 11:03 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    paula_12
    Collection letter for "cancelled" ticket
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:03 AM
    Collection letter for "cancelled" ticket 15th Jan 20 at 11:03 AM
    Help

I received a charge from I think Parking Eye for over staying a time limit in January 2017. I had actually tried to pay for parking that day, and my phone log showed the call, but for some reason their system hadn't taken payment. Because of this I acknowledged and argued the ticket and was told if I provided the phone bill showing the call it would be cancelled.
    By the time the notice came through I'd changed phone companies so it took some time to be able to get the bill, but it was sent to them approx. 6 months later and I heard nothing further.
    Today I received a pre enforcement letter because I haven't contacted or paid DCBL, bailiffs, to make payment of the debt.

Any advice on how to handle this? Given the length of time I am struggling to find the original correspondence ( I probably binned as it was supposedly resolved)
Page 1
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 15th Jan 20, 11:07 AM
    • 5,115 Posts
    • 7,685 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:07 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:07 AM
    who told you it would be cancelled? do you have evidence of this cancellation?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jan 20, 11:23 AM
    • 41,853 Posts
    • 92,767 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:23 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 11:23 AM
    There is no debt unless a judge so orders it.

DCBL and DCB Legal are different parts of the same company. The former are debt collectors whereas the latter are the legal (solicitors and bailiffs) side of the operation.

If the letter is from the debt collection arm there will be a statement saying something they are not acting as court appointed bailiffs. If that is the case then it is safe to ignore.
    If however it is from the legal side then you need to take action.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jan 20, 3:32 AM
    • 80,692 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:32 AM
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:32 AM
    Today I received a pre enforcement letter because I haven't contacted or paid DCBL, bailiffs, to make payment of the debt.
    Does the letter say you've already lost in court and ParkingEye got judgment?

Are you sure it was ParkingEye as I've not seen them use DCBL?

If this is NOT a case where you have a default court judgment, then simply email P/Eye like I tell people to do, at LBC stage with ParkingEye who will consider evidence and will cancel PCNs at LBC stage.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

2,224Users online

Martin's Twitter