Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lz?Kithra
    • By Lz?Kithra 15th Jan 20, 10:40 AM
    • 55Posts
    • 13Thanks
    Lz?Kithra
    Link and moving
    • 15th Jan 20, 10:40 AM
    Link and moving 15th Jan 20 at 10:40 AM
    I am probably going to move house in the next few weeks and have a question about my Link debt. Two years ago I asked for a copy of the CCA relevant to my debt but so far they have not been able to find it. They also said that as they couldn't find it they cannot currently ask for payment. However, they still send the odd letter asking me to set up a repayment schedule. So I always reply that I'm still waiting for that copy. As I am about to move should I let them know my new address, or just leave them hanging?

The same question also applies a PRA debt who couldn't find the CCA copy, but I've not heard from them at all in the last two years.

Many thanks.
    Liz R
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Jan 20, 12:17 PM
    • 19,111 Posts
    • 18,041 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:17 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:17 PM
    Your only issue would be if they did initiate legal action, you would not receive the court paperwork and most likely get a judgement by default registered against you.
    However it’s unlikely they will do that knowing they cannot prove they debt, and they would be able to trace you at your new address, as long as you updated your electoral role information anyway.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 15th Jan 20, 12:20 PM
    • 5,194 Posts
    • 4,837 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:20 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:20 PM
    Your only issue would be if they did initiate legal action, you would not receive the court paperwork and most likely get a judgement by default registered against you.
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    This would worry too much if I were in the OPs shoes. For that reason alone, I would write to Link and PRA, so that they had my new address. Then they can keep sending me an annual statement each year...which I would ignore of course...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Lz?Kithra
    • By Lz?Kithra 15th Jan 20, 1:48 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Lz?Kithra
    • 15th Jan 20, 1:48 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 1:48 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll take your advice and let them know. But I don't think they'd be able to trace me through the electoral roll as I have my name and address hidden on it.
    Yes, I do get an annual statement from Link, but have had nothing from PRA in the last two years.
    Liz R
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

1,551Users online

Martin's Twitter