Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HarryCrowther
    • By HarryCrowther 15th Jan 20, 10:39 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    HarryCrowther
    Home Gym - Pull up bar.
    • 15th Jan 20, 10:39 AM
    Home Gym - Pull up bar. 15th Jan 20 at 10:39 AM
    Hello everyone!
    Me and a couple of mates have made a new years resolution to get fit this year and we have started doing the Andy Ramage 28 day alcohol free challenge, which is already saving me a lot of money!
    I've also made a small home gym rather than paying a monthly gym membership. I'm wanting to install a pull up bar in my doorway. Its in my spare bedroom, so its just a standard wooden door frame for an internal door.
    Has anyone ever installed a pull up bar into a wooden door frame? Or should I get one that is installed into the wall? I'm scared of damaging the plaster, so I'd rather attach it into the door frame or hook it onto the door frame somehow. Which is the safest way to attach a pull up bar to the door frame? Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th Jan 20, 10:43 AM
    • 24,829 Posts
    • 27,727 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th Jan 20, 10:43 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 10:43 AM
    I've used the ones that screw into the frame, with the bar itself then being removable, with success.

Downside is that in most cases, the door won't then fully close.

But if you're starting off, it's not an essential bit of kit. Use weights/resistance bands. You can work your back in a dozen ways without pull ups.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,072Posts Today

6,719Users online

Martin's Twitter