Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Biil
    • By Biil 15th Jan 20, 8:04 AM
    • 26Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Biil
    Score and buying help
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:04 AM
    Score and buying help 15th Jan 20 at 8:04 AM
    Hi everyone, I had few questions

1. If I have one bank say Halifax that I been with many years but then open another bank with someone else to, would my chances for a buying a house or getting mortgages with Halifax become slim ? As to having just one bank ?

2. When a credit check is ran e.g mobile phone etc do they run history check or is it a credit check on that bank account? E.g if I have 2 account or two banks ?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th Jan 20, 8:07 AM
    • 24,826 Posts
    • 27,720 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:07 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:07 AM
    1. Little difference, but I wouldn't do it just before a mortgage application.
    2. It's a credit check - looking at the full content of your credit files. Your score doesn't come into it either way.
    • Biil
    • By Biil 19th Jan 20, 9:37 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Biil
    • 19th Jan 20, 9:37 AM
    • 19th Jan 20, 9:37 AM
    Thank you, It few months before I do a mortgage, Just checking things out before, I do the process
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,884Posts Today

5,634Users online

Martin's Twitter