Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PCNcollector
    • By PCNcollector 15th Jan 20, 2:46 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PCNcollector
    PCN, DCBL and... devilish idea!
    • 15th Jan 20, 2:46 AM
    PCN, DCBL and... devilish idea! 15th Jan 20 at 2:46 AM
    Hi guys and gals! As I'm a newbie here, I was surprised that I found a thread addressed directly to me I have read it all so I could put myself on the right tracks now. Thank you for that!

To make long story short: got a PCN, appealed to PPC, rejected, appealed to IAS, dismissed, (nothing for about 2 months), got NoDR from DCBL, found this forum, ignored NoDR. Now awaiting another NoDR or maybe LBC?

- PCN provided reason: no ticket
    - PCN true reason: ticket flipped over, most likely when closing the door
    - Ticket has a unique number printed on both sides, it was clearly visible and readable on evidence photos provided by PPC.

I simply believe that they try to clean my pocket of nearly 200 with no reason and thought to fight with them in my own way (I'm not a native Briton so please forgive me my logic). Thus I came up with some devilish idea...

PPC has told me when rejected my appeal that I did not comply wit their rules about clearly displaying the ticket. They stated that it is a private property, they set the rules which were clearly visible around and I should strictly comply with it - otherwise they have right to claim money off me. So I thought to myself...

... what if you put the big sign inside my car (private property) stating that "by taking the photo, movie or any other kind of visual recording of this car you agree to pay 200 for its owner per every single photo/video/other record taken" (private property rules), visible through windscreen (displayed and readable from outside)? Should PPC strictly comply with these rules taking the evidence photos of the "no ticket", despite the fact that the car is parked on their land? Is there any prohibition in British law for placing such signs behind windscreens?

So many questions, but so little answers when you are a bear of very little brain...
    Last edited by PCNcollector; 15-01-2020 at 3:00 AM. Reason: too much "clearly" makes my post not so clear ;)
Page 1
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th Jan 20, 7:35 AM
    • 4,553 Posts
    • 5,604 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 15th Jan 20, 7:35 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 7:35 AM
    go for it

dont forget to update us

might work on your own drive , however , when entering car park you agreed to there rules . you cannot add or amend them without giving them clear written (in the times) notice
    Last edited by twhitehousescat; 15-01-2020 at 7:38 AM.
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 15th Jan 20, 8:31 AM
    • 3,727 Posts
    • 5,681 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:31 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:31 AM
    You're not the first to have such a Wizard Wheeze. No one has ever reported any success with such a strategy.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 15th Jan 20, 9:04 AM
    • 6,299 Posts
    • 8,355 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:04 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:04 AM
    You offer them nothing in return, so no chance of a contract
    • waamo
    • By waamo 15th Jan 20, 9:09 AM
    • 8,750 Posts
    • 12,225 Thanks
    waamo
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:09 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:09 AM
    Didn't Samuel Pepys mention such a wheeze in his diary. Of course he picked it up from Will Shakespeare. It probably goes back further than that.

The success rate stands at a mighty zero
    This space for hire.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 15th Jan 20, 9:13 AM
    • 4,122 Posts
    • 6,695 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:13 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:13 AM
    I would concentrate on the PCN you got and the advice given on here, forget your theory it's just a diversion that will be laughed at, in fact I think someone made up some yellow and black stickers years ago with just this on them.

Guess what It never got them anywhere.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Jan 20, 9:14 AM
    • 16,422 Posts
    • 17,364 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:14 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:14 AM
    Better to use tried and tested methods of fighting these scams rather than this old chestnut.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP., it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and in some cases, cancellation.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

52Posts Today

3,703Users online

Martin's Twitter