Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Joyjoyjoy
    • By Joyjoyjoy 14th Jan 20, 9:31 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Joyjoyjoy
    Car park fine
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:31 PM
    Car park fine 14th Jan 20 at 9:31 PM
    Any useful advice to the following is appreciated.

This time I got a ticket on my windscreen at the Council pay and display car park I use every morning for work - on 3/12/2019. Once again I had no clue what this was for as I never, ever knowingly contravene! Anyway it was for parking outside a marked bay. There is no reason for me to do this as the time I arrive every morning there are always about 20 empty spaces and that day was no exception.

Long story short I checked the next day where I had parked and it was an end space. Although the line on one side is quite faint it is definitely noticeable. I took a picture of it. Meanwhile I sent an email the same night as the ticket, saying that I was inside the line. My first thought was that they were saying I parked on top of a line instead of inside. As I said in my email, I always check I am inside (as I don't take chances).

I didn't hear anything back until I got a letter today saying I had made no representation and owe 50. There is still a chance to appeal. As it stands I see it as my word against theirs as there is no photographic evidence provided. If there is any I am confident that I am right. I am going to appeal, attaching my email sent, which seems to have been bypassed. Would there be any photographic evidence?

I have since just noticed from my picture the parking space has 3 lines, not 4 which I assume is what they mean. I am gutted as there were plenty of other spaces. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thank you.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jan 20, 10:02 PM
    • 26,776 Posts
    • 35,032 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:02 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:02 PM
    I can tell you exactly what to do

as this is council and not private , join pepipoo fightback forums using a non hotmail email address , read their council section posting requirements and post on there with any images or documents they require

this forum deals mainly with private parking charges
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jan 20, 2:53 AM
    • 80,674 Posts
    • 95,207 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jan 20, 2:53 AM
    • 16th Jan 20, 2:53 AM
    Was an email the right way to appeal as set out on the PCN, pepipoo will ask you first.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,174Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter